Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, RC's are geared way too high. I want to lower my gearing to a 15/40. Is there a better gearing that anyone has found. I'm not looking for huge acceleration,but i'm sick of slipping my clutch for the first 5 seconds away from a light. Also, I want to adjust my speedo when I change the gearing. I'm sick of doing math in my head just for the stock gearing on the speedo.

·
Anger managment patient
3,474 Posts
the agreed upon solution is 15/41 I just use 15 40 its fine but the wheel is a bit far back. both use the stock chain.

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
I'm happy with 15/42. Easy to start, plenty of acceleration, not too much shifting, more than enough top speed - for the street that is.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ha alright I'm thinking 15/41. Anyone know of a speedo recalibrator?

·
Registered
254 Posts
you can find the link for the recalibrator on RC51.org. go the the FOR SALE section of the site.

·
Registered
5 Posts
RCrider51 said:
OK, RC's are geared way too high. I want to lower my gearing to a 15/40. Is there a better gearing that anyone has found. I'm not looking for huge acceleration,but i'm sick of slipping my clutch for the first 5 seconds away from a light. Also, I want to adjust my speedo when I change the gearing. I'm sick of doing math in my head just for the stock gearing on the speedo.
I've just done the 15/41 change (great) and also installed the Ahlman speedo healer (easy). The % my speedo was out worked out at 15% optomistic freeway speeds.

JD

·
Registered
550 Posts
My light comes on at about 100 miles just like everyone else with stock gearing, but I can only get about 3.5 - 3.6 gallons in it. I think it has a VERY conservative sensor in it! So I still have 1/3 a tank just like your buddies!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts