Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always had good luck from everyone on this board in the past, and I'm hoping you come through this time, too.
The past couple of times I've ridden my RC, I've had a problem with the engine stuttering or hiccupping. When I'm cruisin along, and utilize the engine braking, all is well. Until I stop easing up on the throttle and keep it at a constant RPM. It usually happens low, around 3000 RPM. But once I open the throttle back up, it goes away. It's getting to be a little embarassing, because it makes my girlfriend buck in her seat, and makes me look like I can't ride. I guess I could compare it to the way a car shimmies when someone is first learning how to drive a stick. Does anyone think it's because I put on my Aratas, but no Power Commander? Also, would the pair mod help? Cause I also get some backfiring, which I've read is eliminated by doing the Pair mod. Thanks for any help!!

John

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Low RPM Stuttering?? (mrjonjon)

John i just installed a set of arata slip-ons and get the same problem as you, i am getting a power commander tomorrow and i just got finished doing the pair mod for the backfiring on deaceleration. I think i am going to try the sato low mount map from kyle racing. I will keep you posted. ART

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

It's inherent in the RC at low RPM that you had mention. It is COMPLETELY NORMAL. A PC will get most of that away and with the right map?? Smooth as butter

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I just installed my pc3 with the sato low mount map tonight and went for a quick spin, it got rid of the 3k rpm bucking. I also did the pair mod and it did eliminate most of the backfiring on deaceleration. It was worth the investment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts