Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Check out the drag race at 3:45. Ducati obliterates the Ferrari (as expected).

·
Registered
240 Posts
If the History Channel has any sense at all, they'd can Faust and hire Bell as one of the hosts of the new Top Gear U.S...

Nice to see Rapp ride the 1198S all over that prancing horse.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
That was cool! I love Ferrari! A good freind of mine collects them (22 of them and counting (yes he is VERY rich)) and the best looking one he has is a old GTO which is just amazing in real life! I love driving his 360 though! Sure wish I could win the lotto!:D

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Nice to see Rapp ride the 1198S all over that prancing horse.
Once corners are involved unfortunately bikes get spanked ...

Pete

·
Registered
240 Posts

Pete

typically true...but in this case, Rapp lapped Willow 2 seconds faster than the banana missile

·
Registered
607 Posts
If the History Channel has any sense at all, they'd can Faust and hire Bell as one of the hosts of the new Top Gear U.S....

If they had any sense, they'd realize that the show they are copying (word for word I might add...) is a comedy show that features cars. The American version of the program is some car dorks that are trying to be funny. I am thoroughly disappointed that they missed the mark so badly in terms of concept.

·
Is that Duke Red Enough?
308 Posts
Same for the Australian version. 3 minor celebrities trying to humerously interact with each other while the nation cringes.

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Am I the only person who thinks the 458 is freaking ugly as sin? The 430 looks really good, I hate the front end of the Italia. Looks like a rejected design sketch for the Gallardo.

BTW, the name Italia is rather stupid as well. Maybe next year I can get a Corvette Z06 American.

Attachments

·
He with the senior member
5,671 Posts

Pete
I've yet to see a single comparison between a stock superbike and a stock volume production sports car running street tires that has a roof, where that is true. Every measured laptime comparison I've ever seen has the bike demolishing the car around the track (even faster in the majority of the corners)

Of course, when we start talking the very limited production gokart-type open frame specials with sticky tires and /or ground effects ultra light specials, then the bikes have no chance.

·
5,671 Posts
If they had any sense, they'd realize that the show they are copying (word for word I might add...) is a comedy show that features cars. The American version of the program is some car dorks that are trying to be funny. I am thoroughly disappointed that they missed the mark so badly in terms of concept.
The trailer showed how badly off the mark they were.
TOTALLY clueless as to the appeal of the BBC version, which is the scathing commentary, almost complete absence of political correctness and the quick and funny interplay between the personalities. It helps that they can drive as well...pretty well, actually.

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
Am I the only person who thinks the 458 is freaking ugly as sin? The 430 looks really good, I hate the front end of the Italia. Looks like a rejected design sketch for the Gallardo.

BTW, the name Italia is rather stupid as well. Maybe next year I can get a Corvette Z06 American.
The 430 Scud is 10x's better looking. And for the love of God, don't get a POS Vette. Well, unless you're in your 60's with white hair and are having a midlife crisis like all the other owners.:woot:

Weren't the Italia's starting on fire and recalled cuz there wasn't sufficient hear shielding between the engine and suspension? Or was that a different car/model.:confused:

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
My best man almost bought a 350z until I told him to buy a 04' Z06 as a 50th birthday present for himself. After a few track days (one of which I was glued to his ass in the corners in the S4) he couldn't be happier. Luckily he has me to help GLUE the parts back on that fall off!:D

·
Street and Track Moderator
3,888 Posts
The 458 is absolutely gorgeous!

Matthew

·
Street and Track Moderator
3,888 Posts
A good comparison would be a Moto GP bike to an F1 car and the F1 car will be in a different time zone at the end of one lap. There is absolutely nothing more impressive in motorsport than to see an F1 car brake from 200 mph to 40 mph.

Matthew
I've yet to see a single comparison between a stock superbike and a stock volume production sports car running street tires that has a roof, where that is true. Every measured laptime comparison I've ever seen has the bike demolishing the car around the track (even faster in the majority of the corners)

Of course, when we start talking the very limited production gokart-type open frame specials with sticky tires and /or ground effects ultra light specials, then the bikes have no chance.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
The 430 Scud is 10x's better looking. And for the love of God, don't get a POS Vette. Well, unless you're in your 60's with white hair and are having a midlife crisis like all the other owners.:woot:

Weren't the Italia's starting on fire and recalled cuz there wasn't sufficient hear shielding between the engine and suspension? Or was that a different car/model.:confused:

i believe the 360s had burning down problems... something to do with fuel lines and engine i think...

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts

·
5,671 Posts
A good comparison would be a Moto GP bike to an F1 car and the F1 car will be in a different time zone at the end of one lap. There is absolutely nothing more impressive in motorsport than to see an F1 car brake from 200 mph to 40 mph.

Matthew
Agreed on the F1 cars speed around a track. Absolutely mindblowing.

But not relevant to the comparison of street bikes to street cars that any of us ride/drive around on the street.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts