Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm losing clutch fluid... not sure where.

It's definitely not up "top" in the clip-on area. It's down south.

After a track day it was quite low and I looked down to the area where the hydralic line goes into the side of the engine and there was some wetness but it wasn't traceable from mere looking.

Anyone have experience with this?

·
chimp on my shoulder
2,437 Posts
are you having other clutch issues as well? as the clutch wears(just like your brakes) the fluid level will drop slightly just because the slave is filling up. before taking it apart clean everything up real good with hot soapy water and do this simple test. start the bike up, put it in gear, hold the clutch in and just wait. if your slave is leaking, then eventually the clutch will start to grab. if that yields no result then further investigation may be in order. and that is why you clean everything up real well. take it for a ride and see if there is any more weeping. a little bit of brake fluid will spread and travel pretty fast. a short ride should show a leak fairly quickly. if not it's probably just your fibers wearing and a new clutch may be in your near future.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.