Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone personally know of anywhere that provides either of these services at a reasonable price with dependable quality results?

Im looking to have my custom made steel kickstand clear powdercoated and there are a few small aluminum parts I need to get clear anodized. If anyone can recommend some places I would appreciate it, I don't mind sending the parts out as long as they get done right.

TIA,

Stunna

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Texas

I live in San Antonio and my brother took his parts to get anodized at a place call Jorden Propellers. Now I know you don't live in Tx's but you know what I'm talking about.:D

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Hey Stunner-Gunner,

I got mine done locally AND I can tell you, these people do quite abit of Powder Coating for show bikes and what not.... They even did the "Black" metal fences and Railings around the White House!

IF You're interested Let me know bro., You've got my e-mail (^_-)

Now about your question with parts you want anodized,... I\You would have to ask them cause I don't know....?

Peace Jeff

·
Banned
472 Posts
They did the wheels on my friends VF

Xtensive Auto body in Fredericksburg, VA.
$100 per wheel plus powder (which was about $40).

10707 Stoner Dr
Fredericksburg, VA 22408
(540) 710-9684

Figure your little kickstand should be $30-40 tops not including shipping. Don't know how about the anondizing, but they should be able to handle that as well.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the responses everyone! Heist, those wheels look stellar!
Jeff, Ill email you directly and duc1036, thanks for the anodizer lead
best pricing i've seen yet!Ill be contacting these companies to get the
best deal lined up and then Ill post pics of the parts when they're all done.

Do you guys think powdercoating is the best option for the kickstand???
Cause I have also been looking into having it nickel or electroless nickel
plated but I can't get a solid answer as to whether or not this is a good option for a steel kickstand.
Any insight on this or other finishing ideas would be appreciated, Id like to keep the brushed look without the oxidation.
Stunna

·
Banned
472 Posts
Thanks for the responses everyone! Heist, those wheels look stellar!
Jeff, Ill email you directly and duc1036, thanks for the anodizer lead
best pricing i've seen yet!Ill be contacting these companies to get the
best deal lined up and then Ill post pics of the parts when they're all done.

Do you guys think powdercoating is the best option for the kickstand???
Cause I have also been looking into having it nickel or electroless nickel
plated but I can't get a solid answer as to whether or not this is a good option for a steel kickstand.
Any insight on this or other finishing ideas would be appreciated, Id like to keep the brushed look without the oxidation.
Stunna

A kickstand doesn't see too much abuse. Its tucked up and out the way most of it's life when its not doing its job. You should be fine with powdercoating. If it good enough for wheels, it's good enough for a kickstand.

·
Purveyor of immaturity
615 Posts
you have seen all the shit i have had powder and ceramic coated, it was all done by a shop called Figure Engineering in manassass park virginia, great prices, stellar turn around time and the quality is second to none, the owner len takes more pride in his prep work than anyone i have ever met.

Figure Finishing™ Premium Metal Finishes

·
Workaholic
224 Posts
Stunna,

Olympic Powdercoating in San Marcos does good work. You wouldn't really be able to tell by their facility but they are pretty busy all the time. They did an old set of cans for me in cobra black and the headers in polished steel color. (All ceramic P/C) It came out great. I think I paid $85 for the whole exhaust but I did get a military discount.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey bro, thanks for the heads up. I did find these guys on google but like you said was not impressed by their site or store front.

Since then I have already made plans with Len at figure finishing in VA and he and I have thouroughly discussed my needs and worked out pricing etc, so I will be going with him for the PC work, but I still need a good anodizer and Im still waiting on a response from ano-tech.

Thanks guys,

Stunna

Stunna,

Olympic Powdercoating in San Marcos does good work. You wouldn't really be able to tell by their facility but they are pretty busy all the time. They did an old set of cans for me in cobra black and the headers in polished steel color. (All ceramic P/C) It came out great. I think I paid $85 for the whole exhaust but I did get a military discount.

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
you have seen all the shit i have had powder and ceramic coated, it was all done by a shop called Figure Engineering in manassass park virginia, great prices, stellar turn around time and the quality is second to none, the owner len takes more pride in his prep work than anyone i have ever met.

Figure Finishing™ Premium Metal Finishes
Some really nice work there! I'll have to keep them in mind for down the road. I wonder how much they would charge for a set of calipers? Hmm...

·
Workaholic
224 Posts
Hey bro, thanks for the heads up. I did find these guys on google but like you said was not impressed by their site or store front.

Since then I have already made plans with Len at figure finishing in VA and he and I have thouroughly discussed my needs and worked out pricing etc, so I will be going with him for the PC work, but I still need a good anodizer and Im still waiting on a response from ano-tech.

Thanks guys,

Stunna
No problem man, the shop is a dump but they do a lot of business for custom and classic cars.

I went to Ano-tech too. Shop looks much better, that whole area is a hole in the wall though...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts