Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
South Texan
638 Posts
i have that suit. a two piece one. i like it, pretty simple nothing really special. the venting isnt that great. i got mine a little cheaper from Slava and flatoutmotorcycles.com.

just my 2 cents, but i had a astars 44 before and when a bought it, it fit nicely but stretched out and kinda got baggy around my thighs, and stomach. so this last time around i got the 42, it was a little tight at first espcially in the arms and chest, but after a couple weeks it fits like a glove now, the pants fit perfect. so you might want to try some on and remember that the leather streaches some.

·
Registered
183 Posts
RC51ManSam said:
I found these on Ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-ALPINESTARS-TZ-1-ONE-PIECE-LEATHER-SUIT-BRAND-NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6750QQitemZ7997953185QQrdZ1. Anyone have any input. I am looking for A-Stars in size 48. Prefer Red/Black under $600.00.
Me Lik'em Teknic higher-end suits such as Violator. A little heavy, but tough & durable. They can be found at good prices and should come with the armour. My oldest suit looks like it got caught under a bush hog (As did I - more times than I like to remember) :banghead , but they are still hanging tough :notworthy .

I also have a Spidi's suit. I don't think they will hold up quite as well, but I dunno right now. I'll have to get back to you on that.

Just my :twocents

·
Registered
58 Posts
The TZ1 are nice suits but the GPU in black/grey are fully vented, better than the TZ1. They are also less expensive and are being discontinued so you should find a really good deal on them. I think the d/c on them right now is $414.

I would also look at the motogp stuff. More money but they are kangaroo and worth the weight savings.
:twocents

·
Registered
561 Posts
Teknics

The Teknics are great suits these days. A great value is the Violator suit - great leathers, full armour, vented, etc.

·
Registered
319 Posts
$675 MotoGP compression suit through Slava at Flatoutmotorcycles.com, Comfy Light vented well worth the extra $75 for the Kangaroo suposed to be stronger than cowhide to ... You can't put a price on safty bro not when you ride like this

\/ \/ \/

·
Registered
61 Posts
sup. i got a alpinestar gpu suit size 46 (euro 56)in black/grey if you can squeeze in it. brand new not even worn outside once. the legs are alittle too long for me. i comes with no back protector but has a button for the tech(?) protector. new is $611 so if you or anyone wants it shoot me a reasonable price and ill hook ya up.

·
Registered
57 Posts
tested at thunderhill - once in turn 12 and about 3 months later between 5 and 6 :)

suit held up great - some bumps and bruises of course.

i wonder what the stats are on riders who have gone down in full leathers and still choose to ride in jeans and tshirts.

ll

·
Registered
183 Posts
Pehaps you should change you name to UN-luckylenny :D. Just kidding

Several years back, a buddy of mine fell off while trying to learn to wheelie (funny story in itself). He was wearing shorts, tee shirt, tennis shoes, and his helmet. Skint him nearly from head to toe. This was on a CBR 600. Well, he replaced that set up with a 954, new shorts & tee shirt.:rolleyes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts