Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of Jardine carbon duals and I want headers and mid pipes to work with it. Currently I have a Jardine 2-1 exhaust. Can I run stock headers and mid pipes? Do they need to be Jardine? What size inlet? Will D&D SLIP ons use same headers and mid pipes? What about SP1 and SP2 differences also? Thanks for any input

·
Purveyor of immaturity
615 Posts
most manufacturers use different sized mid pipes, only headers you are going to find out there are jardin or stock, you can find akro's but they are super expensive. you need to buy jardine midpipes to fit your can. may as well just pick up stock headers while your at it... stay away from that d&d trash.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Your Jardine duals should have a set of matching midpipes if they are for the RC51 and will use the stock header. If you're going to get a stock header and a set of slipons, make sure they match up to your model, either SP1 or SP2. Mixing and matching will not work.

The only other manufacturer that has a similar size to Jardine is Yoshimura, so a set of Yosh midpipes will probably work with the Jardine mufflers. However, they are like to be more expensive and harder to find, so I'd just stick with the Jardine mids if you like the mufflers you have. The Jardine 2-1 system you have won't really work with anything else, it's a full system with very different piping.

·
And Stateside again...
2,537 Posts
I have a stock SP2 Header that I would sell you. and it will fit an SP1(it was on my bike before I switched to a 2-1 system.
I might even trade for a bigger Jardine Muffler from your 2-1....

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
Fwiw Jardine uses both 2" and 2.5" inlets on their cans. Not sure what they use on the RC. Yoshimura uses 2.5" inlets on the RC and pretty much everything else (except maybe on 250's and such).

Whatever mids you decide to get, you must get a header that matches the appropriate year. SP1 (00-01) are different from SP2 (02-06). The header-mid connections are different. You can make them work, with a welder.....

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sweet! That was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks man

most manufacturers use different sized mid pipes, only headers you are going to find out there are jardin or stock, you can find akro's but they are super expensive. you need to buy jardine midpipes to fit your can. may as well just pick up stock headers while your at it... stay away from that d&d trash.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Even if I have a sp1 but the new cans are sp2 I would just need sp2 headers and mids to match or all sp1 is what I am gathering? Ya I may consider a trade. Can anyone tell me what my 2-1 system is worth used with a cut done can? Looks good though I am picky. Thanks

I have a stock SP2 Header that I would sell you. and it will fit an SP1(it was on my bike before I switched to a 2-1 system.
I might even trade for a bigger Jardine Muffler from your 2-1....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts