Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some work done on the 04 51 and I can't do it myself. I would screw it up, no tools and I'm not very mechanical except for the very basic stuff. Here's a list if anyone knows a shop that can do all.

1. Install Race Tech Gold Valve in forks, if not fix leaking fork.
2. Install Factory Pro Shift Kit. (Shifting issues)
3. Drill holes and install Thorsten frame sliders. (Yea, I would screw that up)
3. Change clutch fluid.
4. Change break fluid.
5. Change right front break caliper with another one. (break dragging)

If anyone knows a shop that can do it all let me know. Thx

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
These are basic basic jobs. Are you sure you don't want to try the jobs yourself? I get that some aren't very apt to turn wrenches but how else will you really know your bike unless you've turned every nut/screw/fastener?:twocents

·
Sub-average Member
491 Posts
I need some work done on the 04 51 and I can't do it myself. I would screw it up, no tools and I'm not very mechanical except for the very basic stuff. Here's a list if anyone knows a shop that can do all.

3. Change clutch fluid.
4. Change break fluid.

Where, specifically, in SoCal? OC? LA? SD? IE?

·
:rolleyes
305 Posts
Hey blueballs... if you're having shifting issues (and it's not the clutch master/slave/clutch itself) I doubt it's anything the Factory Pro kit may solve. These trannys aren't known for having issues unless beat/stunted and when they do, solving them is usually beyond a shift kit. Just an FYI in case a shop says your tranny is boned.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'M in the IE but will go pretty much any where to get my stuff fixed. The tranny use to slip a lot but a shop put in new clutch plates and that fixed 90 percent of it. Every once and and while it wont go into gear. I might need to adjust the sifting rod, but I've had the shift kit for a while so I might as well get it installed. And yes your right WHITW WINGS I do need to learn some of these things on my own. I'll see if I can get a hold of Scott' s Motorcycle service.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Hey BB if you don't find a better option in your neck of the woods I can do #2-5 at my garage shop in Escondido, south of the IE off the 15 and I have a friend that I can bring the forks to for #1.

Shoot me an email at [email protected] or call 909-539-7475 to discuss

Stunna

3. Change clutch fluid.
4. Change break fluid.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts