Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a new pair of boots. I have been looking at some alpinestars which run up to over $400.00!. Any suggestions would be great.

Thx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i have alpines smx they work just fine for me i think i paid like 225 i like the sidi boots too

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (chatcher)

I picked up a pair of Sidi Vertigo Corsa's for about $330. Sweet! I thought the Alpinestars seemed more like alpine skiing boots, bit too much squeaky plastic for me...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sidi Vertebras here. Love them. Might get the new Vertigo Corsas for Father's Day if I'm lucky and the dogs have saved up enough of their bone allowance to get them for me. I've also had Alpinestars...definitely a couple of notches below the workmanship, fit and quality of the Sidis. I've heard from other riders that the Alpinestars (SMX's??) are too thick at the top and catch on the bike...something to think about.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (mcoomer)

Sidi Vertebrae 2 airs here. Love them- You can actually feel the air around your foot at speed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
has anyone seen a boot for a size 15 foot ???(YOU KNOW THE SAYING) But i'm totally serious.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Looking for a new Pair of Boots (dhdrider)

Either the SM-x Plus or the SIDI's will be my next set. I have an older pair of SM-X boots, like them, but want the added protection of the newer design next time out.

I had an achilles heel injury in the past, bitch to get over and walk properly again. $300 is a drop in the bucket for protecting your feet.
Ken

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (wingnutt)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wingnutt »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">has anyone seen a boot for a size 15 foot ???(YOU KNOW THE SAYING) But i'm totally serious.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hey Wingnutt,

Daytona has several boots up to Euro size 49 that Helimot imports. I tried to figure out what a size 15 is in European sizes, it looks like it's about a 48. Too bad their hardcore race boots only go up to size 47.5.

Nicky Hayden used to wear Daytona boots before he got sponsored by Joe Rocket/Alpinestars, so you know they're good! My buddy has the Roadstar boots, they're quite nice, I have the Daytona Evo Sports, very protective.

http://www.helimot.com/catalog...shtml

If 49 is too small for you, they have the Big Travel GTX -- size 50 and 51.

http://www.helimot.com/catalog...shtml

Good luck!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm a bit different and went with Oxtar Evo Ti boots. It was the only boot to have the CE approval. A-Starts didn't fit me right, Sidi's did, but I got a better deal on the Oxtars. I like them a lot, but the heel makes it hard to put down the kickstand on my RC51.

Looks like Newenough has them on sale too:
http://www.newenough.com/oxtar...e.htm

1 - 14 of 14 Posts