Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of now i only have a Quantum 2 and it is Sport Yellow.
I want something with yellow in it to match the Yellow on the Ducati 998.
Aria's Sport yellow is the same color.
I want something with a design in it lol.
I currently wear an XL in Arai with 12mm Check pads, so changing of the pads is critical.
Any help would be gratly appreciated.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Looking for a new lid. (998)

Also need somehting with good airflow since i live in Las Vegas wher eit is HOT!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Call up here in the morning, we are an Arai dealer

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Looking for a new lid. (section8superbike)

Not to take a sale away from Jason, but have you considered having your helmet custom painted? I have a solid Quantum also, and I decided to have mine painted because the Quantum fits my head perfectly (haven't found a design yet that fits my head as well), and also because I wanted something unique.
Price ranges anywhere from reasonable to ridiculous- just depends on what you're after. Check these guys out:

http://www.artistimo.com/
http://www.stoudesign.com/
http://www.customhelmets.com
http://www.helmetpainting.com
http://www.blowsion.com

Ross

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Looking for a new lid. (Holiday)

Either way, I still need a new lid, cause my daughter got a hold of it and though it was a ball, and or a helmet for here bike.
She is only 3 years old.
I now have a few chips in the top, i am quessing she droped it or threw it on the ground.
Just dont got the $ to spend a fortune on the helmet.
Jason took all the $ i had left LOL

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Get a Suomy Extreme Andrew Pitt replica. It's green and yellow. It matches my red and black Ducati perfectly.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 998 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Jason took all the $ i had left LOL</TD></TR></TABLE>

Then my work is done here

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Looking for a new lid. (section8superbike)

Try the Shoei X-11...

I wore Arai for years, and said I'd never change, but I recently got the Shoei and love it!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Looking for a new lid. (Tornado-rider)

Tattooskickass, I seen both of them i like the twisted one.
I was wondering how much more air flow goes through the Corsair helmet and if ther eis on like the Twisted in Corsair.
I tried on a Shoei and i did not like the fit, but it also had the stock pads in it and i think ithey could have been changed.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I like Xaus's Suomy Extreme
If it didnt have the 11 on it I would buy it.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 998 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Tattooskickass, I seen both of them i like the twisted one.
I was wondering how much more air flow goes through the Corsair helmet and if ther eis on like the Twisted in Corsair...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Jessica is recovering from wrist surgery right now, so I'll answer for her...

There's no Corsair with the Twisted paint job (they're mostly racer replicas). But in my experience, the venting on the Corsair really doesn't come into play unless you're riding at race track speeds.

All the Arai models ventilate pretty well, and we live down here in the AZ desert. Jess wears an Astral and I wear the Signet, and neither of us has any complaints when it comes to our heads staying cool. (Hell, my biggest complaint is the lack of decent graphics in the Signet line!
)

I think you would be happy with the Quantum Twisted, and it looks pretty good. IMHO, the Re-Entry would look awesome with the yellow Ducati!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 998 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I tried on a Shoei and i did not like the fit, but it also had the stock pads in it and i think ithey could have been changed.</TD></TR></TABLE>

A lot of people have problems with the Shoei's. Especially in the forehead area, where you get a bad "hot spot". If the Shoei fits you, it's great, but otherwise...

BTW, you can see the whole Arai line at http://www.araiamericas.com .

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: Looking for a new lid. (AZ Scott)

Have you looked at the Ducati helmets sold at the dealerships? I believe they are made by Suomy for Ducati and come in colors to match the bikes.
Older ones were labeled Dianese and made by I don't know who, f.y.i.
The newer ones are lighter and a bit better quality. Also a bit more in price, but what would you expect from Ducati?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And, the new Ducati Arai helmets are on the way to dealers now. Very limited quantities however. Rumor is only 60 helmets total for the USA.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: (bcmducati)

Hmm Ducati / Aria combo.....
I would like to see the a yellow if they had it.
Yeah i got a Q2 Arai, maybe ill stick with it and just get the Twisted one.
I havent even tried on a Corsair, do they fit different then the Q2s?
I would love to buy the Corsair instead, but as stated by scott, maybe the Q2 is fine.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Anybody read the helmet article in the June issue of Motorcyclist?They make a pretty good case for a DOT helmet being the best for crash pruposes,with an $80 lid having the best protection!! Thoughts?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Corsair is very similar to QII. See pic on our homepage of the Ducati helmets. In stock now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts