Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
I am parting an engine

give me a bit an I will have on apart.

ps, how do you get the flywheel off? I removed the bolts inside and the latge center bolt, the flywheel wont budge.

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some you can just give em a good hard quick pull with your fingers/hands and they pop off. Have used a rubber mallet and ever so lightly tapped around the edge of the fly wheel to break things loose....buuuuut you have to be really careful to not tap the wheel to forcefully.
Others are stuck on the crank a bit more and require a bolt to back it off its mount. If you PM me your addy i'll send you the bolt.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Some you can just give em a good hard quick pull with your fingers/hands and they pop off. Have used a rubber mallet and ever so lightly tapped around the edge of the fly wheel to break things loose....buuuuut you have to be really careful to not tap the wheel to forcefully.
Others are stuck on the crank a bit more and require a bolt to back it off its mount. If you PM me your addy i'll send you the bolt.
I have tried the rubber mallet, and even a block of wood for that good jolt but it wont move.
I did remove the center bolt, and the surrounding 6 bolts.

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you look in the center bore hole you'll see some threads in there. By using the bolt in there the flywheel can be walked off the crank. Usually takes a impact wrench. If you don't have one if you roll up to any mechanic shop they should help out as it takes only a second.

If you can get me the thread pitch that'll help narrow down which bolt i need to send you.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
it is the same size as the rear axle i used an extra I had as a bolt to pop my flywheel loose just need a big enough wrench to turn that axle
That would be the preferable method. Using the rear axle as a puller is safer than whacking any part of the flywheel with a hammer or block of wood.

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
That would be the preferable method. Using the rear axle as a puller is safer than whacking any part of the flywheel with a hammer or block of wood.
"You said whack":D huh hu umm hu hu :rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts