Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Juvenile Old Member
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to put on my MH as my MH ones are non adjustable, I take it the standard 748 forks are fully adjustable??!!

Can someone please give me the length of the top alloy stanchion from immediately above the fork seal the the base of where the adjusters start and the top, also a measure from
the centre of the axle to base of where the adjusters start and the top.

Last question, from factory are they to hard, OK bal bal bla, lease lemme know.

·
Juvenile Old Member
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks forteh help Rick :rockon

They may be Ok for the length, I am 74 kg or 163 pounds so maybe not an ideal spring weight for me, possibly a little heavy.

I am wanting to put them on the MH as the MH ones are vey firm for my weight, spring rate is cool but compression damping is way to hard, static sag is perfect within Ohlins spec.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
The damping in the SBKs are fairly good so you could just install a set of .90 springs and some nice new 5W oil and you would likely be very happy. Revalving is also an option.

·
Juvenile Old Member
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank again Rick, that is definately a possibility, I am not worried about adjustability once they are set up but the compresion damping as there are is very heavy and even more so noticable now that I have changed the riding position.

Rebound and preload for me are fine, I just need to drop the comp damping for our more uneven/stepped roads.

Would going to a 2 W oil do it or would that be to watery?

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Monsterman, I have never been in those forks but i bet they have the same crap foot valve as the SS and Monster. A Racetech Gold Valve would be magic. Ditch the spring, as it is likely a dual wound piece of crap. You will be so happy you will dance. The compression valve on some of these forks is very crude and has little more than an orifice system to provide damping, this system packs up on the fast sharp bumps and makes the forks really harsh. No better money spent. Contact me off line if you need a hookup.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.