Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Look What We Just Made (AtomTan)

& like everything Cycle Cat does it also has the crazy price tag to go along with it

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Look What We Just Made (LDH)

Yeah - I didn't make mention of that part.

Seems for that much money maybe the stand can lift the bike without anyone there at all.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Look What We Just Made (Vandal996)

That looks a lot better than the storz POS 'one man' stand that dropped my ducati 888 for me

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Look What We Just Made (Dezmo)

Hey man don't blame the gun......

Blame the trigger man

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Cycle Cat is missing the obvious problem here:

Who the hell wants a twelve year old girl on their pit crew?

They're always on their damn mobile phones, text messaging their friends, they complain when you ask them to do anything strenuous, like unloading the van. They act all grossed out when you change out of your leathers between heats. They burst into tears when you curse at them for using your brake rotor as a fulcrum while changing tires.

They're going to have to do one hell of a lot more innovating before I'll go back to letting 12 year old girls work on my bikes.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Look What We Just Made (AtomTan)

ok, so when I put the bike on the stand, wiggle it around a few times to make sure its sturdy, then walk a few feet away to hear my baby impacting concrete, its my fault?
know the situation before you point fingers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

relax dude i'm just messin' with you!

I too have dropped a couple like that.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Look What We Just Made (banda)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by banda »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Cycle Cat is missing the obvious problem here:

Who the hell wants a twelve year old girl on their pit crew?

They're always on their damn mobile phones, text messaging their friends, they complain when you ask them to do anything strenuous, like unloading the van. They act all grossed out when you change out of your leathers between heats. They burst into tears when you curse at them for using your brake rotor as a fulcrum while changing tires.

They're going to have to do one hell of a lot more innovating before I'll go back to letting 12 year old girls work on my bikes.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't see how this is usefull at all though. Setting the bike on a rear stand is a piece of cake when the bike is on a kickstand. It's a bitch when the kickstand is zip-tied up for trackdays, but this won't help then.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Look What We Just Made (Metcalfe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Metcalfe »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I don't see how this is usefull at all though. Setting the bike on a rear stand is a piece of cake when the bike is on a kickstand. It's a bitch when the kickstand is zip-tied up for trackdays, but this won't help then. </TD></TR></TABLE>

But it comes in chrome for only an ADDITIONAL $100 & if you read the fine print it a small bottle of KY is included with your purchase. This is a deal at twice the price!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think it's a good idea, limited use for racers though. That said, if you don't like it, don't buy it. Personally I like the fact that people in the industry try to innovate.

Besides... I hear that having a chrome stand drops your lap time by a full second.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (quikie)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by quikie »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Besides... I hear that having a chrome stand drops your lap time by a full second.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Only if you have a 12 year old girlfriend

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Look What We Just Made (Vandal996)

I think it is a great idea. I can put a bike on a stand from in the kickstand position, but I hate doing it. I'm always nervous that I am going to drop it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Look What We Just Made (tattooskickass)

But is it $370 worth of good idea?

BMC Race Filters
Galfer Brake Lines
Brembo 19x18 Master Cylinder
Case Covers by Billettech
Dan Kyle RACING ECU
Flapper Mod
Pair Mod
PCIII USB Powercommander
Ohlins Forks
Ohlins Steering Damper
Ohlins Shock
Shock Bearing
HRC Linkage
Rear Rotor Lightened
Exhaust wrapped headers
Sato Exhaust
Sato Rearsets
Sato Frame Sliders
Sato Riser 50mm Clip-ons
Sato Swingarm Spools
Red passenger seat cover
Afam Sprockets
XT Laptimer with Mount
HRC reservoir covers
Harley Davidson Key Fob
Black Duct tape on the wheel weights
Lots of stickers for the cool factor

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: Look What We Just Made (LDH)

That is quite pricey!! I would rather get one of those front wheel chocks than that lift thing. Scott said it was probably similar in price.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: Look What We Just Made (tattooskickass)

Me too... In fact I think I will buy one in just a few minutes... I've been wanting one of those Baxley wheel chocks for years.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: Look What We Just Made (seldom57)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by seldom57 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what if your kickstands on the right
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Show me.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts