Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Look out KTM! (Giannis)

I don't think KTM has anything to worry about. BMWs are for people like my dad who like things that are overly complicated and require special care so that it gives the engineering student in you something to tinker with on the weekend where as most of us just like to ride.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Look out KTM! (Milhouse)

I don't think KTM has anything to worry about. That BMW is like Harley making an enduro - again using the tired old twin they've been using on everything........ yawn.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Look out KTM! (Milhouse)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Milhouse »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">BMWs are for people like my dad who like things that are overly complicated and require special care so that it gives the engineering student in you something to tinker with on the weekend where as most of us just like to ride.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ducati's are for people that need a bike that requires special care ... BMW's are for people that just want to jump on and go to work, etc., but aren't Japanese.

I can't see anybody tinkering with a flat twin putt putt ...

Pete

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Look out KTM! (PSk)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PSk »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Ducati's are for people that need a bike that requires special care ... BMW's are for people that just want to jump on and go to work, etc., but aren't Japanese.

I can't see anybody tinkering with a flat twin putt putt ...

Pete</TD></TR></TABLE>

You may have "stepped" in "it".

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Look out KTM! (AtomTan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AtomTan »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You may have "stepped" in "it".</TD></TR></TABLE>
Whoops ... but I've simply never, ever heard of a BMW motorcycle being discussed as needing or wanting to fiddle with. All you hear about is how many squillion miles they have put on the things ...

And I'm an ex-engineer and the reason I want to one day own a Ducati is so I can get into and enjoy the engineering ... and that is exactly why I won't be buying a BMW (I already have an appliance ... called a Toyota
)

Pete
So all you Ducati fans, calm down I was not bashing Ducatis ... more talking about BMW's.

And all you BMW fans ... please honestly tell me what your last mod was? ... and that cannot include changing the tyres

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Look out KTM! (Rocket51)

Seems to me for many yrs BMW have been winning the Paris to Dakar only pullied out of competition a few yrs ago & FINALLY KTM became the winners.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Look out KTM! (Smitty)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Smitty »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Seems to me for many yrs BMW have been winning the Paris to Dakar only pullied out of competition a few yrs ago & FINALLY KTM became the winners.</TD></TR></TABLE>
That's what I recalled too. I guess those years of winning on "tired old twins", not to mention those worthless singles, didn't really happen.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Look out KTM! (stk0308)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stk0308 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
That's what I recalled too. I guess those years of winning on "tired old twins", not to mention those worthless singles, didn't really happen.</TD></TR></TABLE>
... and that is what I recall too,
BMW.

My only point was that people do not modify BMWs ... they are good enough for their purpose as they are.

And you can't blame KTM for getting excited about winning now ... just because they have no opposition. Happens all the time in motorsport ... look at Audi at Le Mans, etc.

Pete

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Look out KTM! (PSk)

Did you guys watch the Long Way Round series (Ewan MacGregor, Charlie Boorman riding around the world)?

That show certainly tainted my opinion of KTM in general, I have to say...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.