Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to start repairing the bike after last weekends crash....

Whats the best way to remove the lock from the undertail without messing up the stock undertail?

Is there a easier way to get the stock clip ons off without removing the fork? Thought maybe someone had a quicker way to do it.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Best I remember the trunk lock is just a clip fastener from the inside, it just basically slides off...

You can get to the clip-ons by just removing the top triple tree, but it's pretty damn easy to slide the forks out too (once you've removed the front wheel anyway)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help. There is a clip that holds the lock to the plastic. Couldn't make it out last night. Things look harder when you are tired and it is late at night.

Big thumbs up to the pitbull new style front stand. It made the job of removing the forks super easy and stable. Definately getting some handcuff style replacement clipons though. It will save alot of time next time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a couple of times when I locked the keys in the car, I remember called a locksmith, and he said that he would not open until I showed him the documents for the car, and the documents were also locked inside, the situation was resolved when the girl brought spare keys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts