Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a good motorcycle shop in the DC area. Specifically tire installation for now. Dealers here want over $100 if i bring them my rims to put my tires on, $70 if i buy their tires at over $100 extra for a set.

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Yeah Rick, I can recommend someone.... YOU! :rockon

OMG bro., Incredible, those prices SUCK bad... I thought a guy I work with got RIP-OFF But those prices are "almost" two times :eek: worse!:banghead

For real Rick.... Do them Yourself! I have been doing my own since 1993, at those prices you're quoting... I could buy a Brand new MC for the $s I've saved doing it myself.;) :rockon

I Hope this Helps...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah Rick, I can recommend someone.... YOU! :rockon

OMG bro., Incredible, those prices SUCK bad... I thought a guy I work with got RIP-OFF But those prices are "almost" two times :eek: worse!:banghead

For real Rick.... Do them Yourself! I have been doing my own since 1993, at those prices you're quoting... I could buy a Brand new MC for the $s I've saved doing it myself.;) :rockon

I Hope this Helps...

ok, how much does all the hoopla cost? and i don't have a lot of room either left in my garage for something that isn't used frequently.

and whats the difficulty rating? i've seen them do it on my car's and trucks and they use big ass hydrolic machines

·
Munky
532 Posts
It might be too far out from DC but there is a Yamaha dealer Cycle Center in Culpeper VA that will mount and balance for $40 off the bike. I usually get my tires done at the track but last year Cycle Center did them.

Give em a call.

Ian

·
Purveyor of immaturity
615 Posts
rick i live in old town alexandria. there are a couple shops, fairfax cycles in fairfax va, rnr in sterling, crossroads cycles in baileys crossroads. all i believe charge about 30-40 bucks

phill

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
The spoons can't be more than $20 bucks. Hell if need be I will be in the area tomorrow thru Sunday, I could give you a hand. :clapper :clapper See there are two hands.

·
Banned
472 Posts
RNR Cycle in Sterling has pretty fair prices I've used Heyser in Laurel. They seem to have better prices off season. Freestate in Upper Marlboro may be ok.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys, i'll give those shops a call. i do all my work to my stuff my self, but i'd rather get these tires mounted and balanced as i have 3 bikes and don't run through a set of tires more than maybe once a year to include track days with my selection.

·
Purveyor of immaturity
615 Posts
just take it to fairfax cycles and talk to kevin, tell him phill sent ya. hes the owner and he will definitely help you out. also talk to him about the dyno tune

·
Registered
20 Posts
Can anyone recommend a good motorcycle shop in the DC area. Specifically tire installation for now. Dealers here want over $100 if i bring them my rims to put my tires on, $70 if i buy their tires at over $100 extra for a set.
Jason Brooks @ Brooks' Cycle Center can mount & balance at a lower price than the shops mentioned. Call around for actual quotes. I called a few of the shops mentioned last season and the prices were higher.

Jason can schedule you for mounting & balancing while you wait if you'd rather not drop the bike off to pick up later.

Brooks Cycle Center Inc. - HOME

1 - 10 of 10 Posts