Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Big Thymer
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several customers have inquired about these recently, so had a few made...

I believe there are several members running these (not from me, but lightened nonetheless) with success.

RC51Parts.com :: Lightened Flywheel

Reduce the rotating mass of your engine with a lightened flywheel.
  • Stock flywheel mass = 78oz (~2300g)
  • Lightened flywheel mass = 67 oz +/- (~1980g)
  • Rotating mass loss = 11oz +/- (~320g) or approx 14%
  • Outer diameter machined a reduction of 5mm
  • Fully balanced
  • Fits SP1 & SP2

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Sounds interesting... how much for these Ben? Or send me a PM

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Hey Ben,

Dam that was FAST bro.!

Recieved the box yesterday but I didn't know it (I went shooting yesterday evening!) until this morning,....
so I'm looking forward to tearing into said box when I get Home.

Thanks Ben,

FWIW... I'm going to install this one.... and plan I on milling My original Flywheel even more! I'm going to mill
the CRAP out of it so there's NOTHING left of it, just like Thorsten's! Joking not that extreme ;)

BUMP for Ben,

Peace Jeff

·
Big Thymer
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Ben,

Dam that was FAST bro.!

Recieved the box yesterday but I didn't know it (I went shooting yesterday evening!) until this morning,....
so I'm looking forward to tearing into said box when I get Home.

Thanks Ben,

FWIW... I'm going to install this one.... and plan I on milling My original Flywheel even more! I'm going to mill
the CRAP out of it so there's NOTHING left of it, just like Thorsten's! Joking not that extreme ;)

BUMP for Ben,

Peace Jeff
Thanks brotha. I was out shooting yesterday (and the day before). A buddy came down with a new toy and we had to test it out. :)

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Pardon my ignorance, but what kind of gains is one looking for when installing this lighter flywheel?

Have you ever heard of Hyper Plates? Samething but without the resk of the Alum.plates coming apart and putting a BUNCH of Alum.CRAP inside your engine!

And IF you haven't heard of them... just think for yourself a second... what kind of gain(s) one can expect from making something> (Spinning engine parts) lighter which spins inside your engine>;) 1 thing by itself might not make a big differance but when you start doing a few different parts you WILL get a quicker reving engine!

I Hope this Helps,

Peace Jeff

PM coming your way BEN... I want to hear about this!;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.