Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Naturally Exasperated
4,019 Posts
What a bloody shame. :(

Some people have no shame for their crimes against the family, nature and humanity..
You'd think that after decades of living high and mightily, fat and fabulously, would be enough to inspire them to say, "I'll retire quietly, modestly".. and do just that..

No, gotta hurt the collective before exiting... eternal pox on the bastards.
:mad:

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Easy soloution to the rising cost of oil, to every nation that wants to jerk us around by using any possible excuse to raise prices on us. START BASING OUR GRAIN EXPORT PRICES TO THEM ON THE COST OIL, WHATEVER YOU SEEL US A BARREL OF OIL FOR, IS WHAT WE WILL SELL YOU A BUSHELL OF WHEAT (or corn, rice etc.) FOR. Easy, and if ya don't like it, then develop a tase for crude, dude, cuz we HAVE OIL AND GRAIN, so I think we can wait this one out.........:rolleyes:

Semper Fi! :rockon

-Rocky-

·
Banned
472 Posts
Easy soloution to the rising cost of oil, to every nation that wants to jerk us around by using any possible excuse to raise prices on us. START BASING OUR GRAIN EXPORT PRICES TO THEM ON THE COST OIL, WHATEVER YOU SEEL US A BARREL OF OIL FOR, IS WHAT WE WILL SELL YOU A BUSHELL OF WHEAT (or corn, rice etc.) FOR. Easy, and if ya don't like it, then develop a tase for crude, dude, cuz we HAVE OIL AND GRAIN, so I think we can wait this one out.........:rolleyes:

-Rocky-

We tried hard ball back in the 70's when OPEC issued the embargo because we resupplied Israel with weapons. That really worked out well for us.

Not to mention they'd probably just cut a side deal with China for grain production.

Unfortunately, they have us by the short and curlies, Rock. There's a reason why we have a fleet docked in Bahrain.

We need them more than they need us - but worse, China & India's voracious demand has only worsened the leverage they have on us because we can no longer say,
"Well, if you don't play nice - we'll go away and then you'll have no more #1 customer"...

They just laugh at us and say, "That's fine - in about 3 years China and India are going to be our new #1's. In the meantime, get your Lance Armstrong on and start peddling."

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
China produces more wheat specifically than the US but still has to import billions worth of grain each year. The other thing to remember is that if the US stops buying Chinese imports, China as we know it wouldn't last 24 months. US and China are locked in a symbiotic relationship for the forseeable future.

I could see it going one of three ways with ME and oil.
1) no real change, OPEC continues and happily takes our billions.
2) OPEC decides to dig its own grave and cuts off the US
3) OPEC is essentially disbanded as ME governments fall one by one.

#2 is the most unlikely, IMO. #1 is the most likely in the short 5-10 year term.

What would be interesting is if #3 happens. Then each new government has to find a way to fund itself and that will be through pumping furiously to raise revenues, which might drive prices down.

Much uncertainty at the moment.

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
We need them more than they need us
Precisely why we need to support and start drilling in our region.

China produces more wheat specifically than the US but still has to import billions worth of grain each year. The other thing to remember is that if the US stops buying Chinese imports, China as we know it wouldn't last 24 months. US and China are locked in a symbiotic relationship for the forseeable future.

I could see it going one of three ways with ME and oil.
1) no real change, OPEC continues and happily takes our billions.
2) OPEC decides to dig its own grave and cuts off the US
3) OPEC is essentially disbanded as ME governments fall one by one.

#2 is the most unlikely, IMO. #1 is the most likely in the short 5-10 year term.

What would be interesting is if #3 happens. Then each new government has to find a way to fund itself and that will be through pumping furiously to raise revenues, which might drive prices down.

Much uncertainty at the moment.
Hoping for #3....:D

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
We tried hard ball back in the 70's when OPEC issued the embargo because we resupplied Israel with weapons. That really worked out well for us.

Not to mention they'd probably just cut a side deal with China for grain production.

Unfortunately, they have us by the short and curlies, Rock. There's a reason why we have a fleet docked in Bahrain.

We need them more than they need us - but worse, China & India's voracious demand has only worsened the leverage they have on us because we can no longer say,
"Well, if you don't play nice - we'll go away and then you'll have no more #1 customer"...

They just laugh at us and say, "That's fine - in about 3 years China and India are going to be our new #1's. In the meantime, get your Lance Armstrong on and start peddling."
Don't follow the futures market much do ya? Lemme fill ya in, the former Soviet Union AND China have produced only 42% (BEST estimate) of their production goals due to sever weather the last 2 years, they are quite literally starving for our grain........Now what are we gonna do about it?

-Rocky-

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Don't follow the futures market much do ya? Lemme fill ya in, the former Soviet Union AND China have produced only 42% (BEST estimate) of their production goals due to sever weather the last 2 years, they are quite literally starving for our grain........Now what are we gonna do about it?

-Rocky-
Oh, oh, I know!
Make more ethanol.
The farm lobby has us over a barrell. Not to mention union, military-industrial, and Israeli lobbyists. How's your hole? Sore yet?

Can't wait to see Ghadafy strung up in the city square.

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Dictator 101:
Make up enemies. Mubarek tried it with the MB. Khaddafy is desperate. Make ready with the rope, boys.

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Six months. Right on schedule and under budget. Way to go Obama and NATO. Looks like there's a new (smart) sheriff in town.

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
What now?

Had to get the requisite conservative whine in before anyone else. What now? Whine, whine, whine. Anybody watched the news lately. FOX is all negative, MSNBC is all positive. God, what a joke it all is. McCain would be a FOX superhero if he'd done exactly what Obama has done.

·
Naturally Exasperated
4,019 Posts
Had to get the requisite conservative whine in before anyone else. What now? Whine, whine, whine. Anybody watched the news lately. FOX is all negative, MSNBC is all positive. God, what a joke it all is. McCain would be a FOX superhero if he'd done exactly what Obama has done.
So true.. hard to listen to ANY more right wing crap.. even if it's second hand from comics who make you chuckle at the idiocy of the wrong right...
Was McCain born in the US>? :cool:

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
The silence is defening, huh Gog? Gee, it must really be true that they want Obama to fail no matter what, sorry-assed POS's.

·
...clink...!
1,725 Posts
The silence is defening, huh Gog? Gee, it must really be true that they want Obama to fail no matter what, sorry-assed POS's.
Actually, your ignorance is "deafening", numnutz...
I'm stunned that you always draw the wrong conclusion on every news bit.
It usually leaves me wondering what you're smoking, but then, I know !;)

·
Street and Track Moderator
3,888 Posts
I am never surprised with this moron... What is the benefit for the US in Libya 51??? Do you believe that there is more of a strategic interest for the US in Libya or in Iraq? If you answer Libya, you are dumber than I had previously thought. Since you are so quick to cheer this administration for it's role in a debacle of a mission that does not hold any significance for the US, are you also cheering the way this same administration is giving away everything that has been sacrificed greatly for in a place that would hold a strategic interest for the US?:rolleyes:

Matthew
Actually, your ignorance is "deafening", numnutz...
I'm stunned that you always draw the wrong conclusion on every news bit.
It usually leaves me wondering what you're smoking, but then, I know !;)

·
Naturally Exasperated
4,019 Posts
I am never surprised with this moron... What is the benefit for the US in Libya 51??? Do you believe that there is more of a strategic interest for the US in Libya or in Iraq? If you answer Libya, you are dumber than I had previously thought. Since you are so quick to cheer this administration for it's role in a debacle of a mission that does not hold any significance for the US, are you also cheering the way this same administration is giving away everything that has been sacrificed greatly for in a place that would hold a strategic interest for the US?:rolleyes:

Matthew
Safe to say he isnt a Ron Paul supporter...:eek:

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.