Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know banda, cartech, and backdrfifter(ecw pending) were talking about it on another thread. banda suggested next week. someone choose a day and weather permitting we'll do some laps. i'll need to give work a little notice. maybe walnut will be in as well as others.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Let's scedule a track day at springfield. (Nick Novice)

Hey, I'd be up for it! I'm on vacation next week... Just have to get there from Minneapolis!

Looks like Backdrifter's wheels are on the way, according to a post I read elsewhere today.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Let's scedule a track day at springfield. (Gerg)

Gerg, you're on top of things!
And Nick, you beat me to the punch, I was just coming here to post about this again.

I've got a tracking number for my rims, and they'll be here Thursday. My local shop said they will have them laced back up by the time I get home from work on Friday, so I will be back in business and ready for a ride next week! Let me know when you guys are planning to go.

One question, are there any restrictions for bikes? My buddy has an 1989 Honda NSR 250 with a KTM 550 cc 2-stroke engine in it (yeah, it is extremely mean), and he would probably come along if I asked.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (Nick Novice)

Are they open every day? Should we call the track and see what day is best? Just me, but I would prefer to make it either Monday or Friday, and have it make a long weekend than take a day off in the middle of the week, but I'm up for anything.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (backdrifter)

Don't call the track. Just check their schedule online at http://www.midstatekartclub.com/, and as long as nothing is on the schedule you're can show up and ride. Things to keep in mind:

1) Karts have the rights. There are rarely more than a couple karts at the track, but be sure and talk to them about taking turns. They are usually very polite, and have always worked with us.

2) Bring a $25 check to drop at the gate. Someone is usually around to check and make sure people are paying, but please don't abuse the honor system, because when you get caught it make the motorcycles look bad. [Look Bad]=[No Place to ride]

3) Don't use the dirt section.

4) Have fun and say thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Let's scedule a track day at springfield. (backdrifter)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by backdrifter »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Gerg, you're on top of things!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

What can I say, I'm 100% bored at work, so I spent practically all day surfin'.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Let's scedule a track day at springfield. (Gerg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Gerg »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

What can I say, I'm 100% bored at work, so I spent practically all day surfin'.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I know the feeling all too well....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Let's scedule a track day at springfield. (backdrifter)

OK, there is nothing on the schedule for that whole week (during the week days). I say we go Friday, April 15, unless you guys think Monday, April 11 would be less crowded.

What do you guys think? And again, are sports (type) bikes allowed? Like I said, my buddy rides a tiny 250 chassis bike. He used to race, so he's not just some idiot on a sportsbike. Can I invite him or no?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

His name is Ray Sandoz. I work with him. I believe it's been about 5 years since he used to race, but his race bike is a black Honda NSR 250 chassis, number 25. Ring a bell, or no?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
tell ray that i'm a clown named doug scronce. he knows me. i should have known that bike. ray has much old school track cred.

p.s. where do you work? i lost contact with ray. i know he used to work for milbrandt and pro dirt. when i was a newbie racer ray scared the hell out of me. i think it was his way of weeding them out.

Modified by Nick Novice at 6:47 PM 4/5/2005

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Very cool! He remembers you and wants to get in touch. I will PM you his email address. I'm sure we could talk him in to going next Friday...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

When you get a chance, PM me your email address. Ray has a couple of pictures he wants me to forward to you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts