Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great move, Josh.

Nothing like trying to win the AMA Superbike race at Laguna by taking out Neil Hodgson with a bone-head inside pass (or did I mean T-bone) at the top of the cork screw...on the first lap.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Let's Hear It For Josh Hayes! (998R)

Racing incident nothing more nothing less get over it Josh is a stand up guy. I know for sure he accepted full responsibility for the incident.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Let's Hear It For Josh Hayes! (BALLS)

I know it is a racing incident.

I also know Hayes is a pro and should have known better.

All of us make mistakes, sometimes at the track. In this case, Hodgson was taken out of a critical race that could have helped him at least secure second or third in the championship.

I am reminded of Aaron Yates taking out all those WSB riders at T1 at Laguna a few years back...ending E Boz's chances on the Kawasaki. He also swerved at the start of another Laguna WSB race back in 98 or 99 and took out Aaron Slight and a host of other riders.

S*&^ happens at the track. But I hold pro riders to a higher standard. Barring mechanical failure (ala Chandler/Yanagawa at the corkscrew), I expect better.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Even at a PRO level it is still easy to make a mistake no one is perfect.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Aren't you the king of trackdays?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 998R »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Great move, Josh.

Nothing like trying to win the AMA Superbike race at Laguna by taking out Neil Hodgson with a bone-head inside pass (or did I mean T-bone) at the top of the cork screw...on the first lap.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Let's Hear It For Josh Hayes! (999)

I'm not the king of anything.

I'm just venting. Ducati has a hard enough time being competitive against the Suzuki juggernaut without something (unfortunately) like this happening.

And I used to race. I have experienced first hand a racing incident (for example, a guy landing a wheelie on my back during the cool down lap). I did get over it...but it didn't make me any less likely to try to strangle the guy...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

998R don't sweat it, 999 is a bit confused I am the king of trackdays

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

It sucks that Neil got taken out, but Josh can add his name to a very distinquished list of others that have done the same thing:

Mccoy
Capparossi
Hopper

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 998R »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I also know Hayes is a pro and should have known better.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah! Like Valentino Rossi. Now there's a real pro. He waits until the last lap to punt people off the track.

The move Hayes tried is Ben Bostrom's signature pass in that corner. It just wasn't executed very well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Let's Hear It For Josh Hayes! (Rocket51)

I was more disappointed when Miguel took EBoz out in the rain at Road America. I'm pretty sure I would have won our little fantasy league if that didn't happen!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Let's Hear It For Josh Hayes! (Rocket51)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rocket51 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yeah! Like Valentino Rossi. Now there's a real pro. He waits until the last lap to punt people off the track.

The move Hayes tried is Ben Bostrom's signature pass in that corner. It just wasn't executed very well. </TD></TR></TABLE>

LMFAO!

I was really cheering for a Ducati 1,2 but then Josh decides to rain on my parade. Can't beat them bin them..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

No doubt.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BALLS »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">998R don't sweat it, 999 is a bit confused I am the king of trackdays
</TD></TR></TABLE>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BALLS »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Racing incident nothing more nothing less get over it Josh is a stand up guy. I know for sure he accepted full responsibility for the incident.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I saw that on Speed and the dust didn't even settle when Josh Hayes was already coming to apologies to Neil. READ the dust had NOT settle. Sorry about Neil cause I'm a fan but Josh earn yet another fan after that mistakes

pretty stand up guy in my opinion.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Let's Hear It For Josh Hayes! (section8superbike)

Let's not forget Yanagawa and Chandler(?). Yanagawa had to get new teeth!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: Let's Hear It For Josh Hayes! (Baasinator)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Baasinator »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was more disappointed when Miguel took EBoz out in the rain at Road America. I'm pretty sure I would have won our little fantasy league if that didn't happen!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well, Hayes just sealed my fate in the fantasy league. Oh well, there's always next year. Or, maybe Toseland (and his crew) will finally catch on that he's the defending champion and start performing like one.

-Bob

1 - 17 of 17 Posts