Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
till now they both danced around the issue that they don't like each other.....well, thats over after not only Lorenzo, but all the Yamaha bosses got pissed at Rossi.

from Two Wheel Blog:

"Jorge Lorenzo was very unhappy about the battle and judged Valentino Rossi’s passes too aggressive and risky and that could have cost him the title challenge and even complained about it with Yamaha boss Lin Jarvis, who obviously took Lorenzo’s side.

Speaking to the press Lorenzo said about Rossi: “This was a big battle between Valentino and I, two warriors with the killer instinct. I have to say that at some points I do not think he was completely fair, we were both on the limit but some of his moves were maybe a bit too much and he touched me and pushed me wide when I don’t think it was right. We are team-mates, I am fighting for the riders’ championship but we are both fighting for the teams’ and manufacturers’ championship as well and we have to remember this.”

“The show is great for the business of motorcycling - people enjoy it and that’s fantastic, but when you’re a rider, and you’re riding a MotoGP bike which does 300 km/h on the straight and in the corners 200km/h or 180 km/h, and you are feeling that the other rider is touching you, it’s not a beautiful feeling or a good emotion because you know you are putting your life at risk in this moment. There were three or four moves I made on Valentino that I thought were correct and fair. Instead his movements were legal but a little bit on the limit from my point of view. I think it’s the way he likes to fight. It happened with [Sete] Gibernau, then with [Casey] Stoner and now with me. Maybe in the future his rivals will get a little bit mad and will act like he usually does.”

Lin Jarvis:

“I think that Valentino’s actions in the race today were not very correct towards Lorenzo, but I have to make some clear points. First of all, I want to say that a third and fourth place finish is good for the team, and good for Lorenzo in terms of the championship. Of course we would have preferred to win.”

“After the race, Jorge came to us and asked our opinion of Rossi’s behavior during the race. There were four of us. Besides me, there was Furusawa and another two people from Yamaha. We, together, were in agreement with the fact that a battle like that between teammates makes no sense. We expect our riders to race with a higher margin of safety. and they were too close today. After that, Furusawa went to talk to Valentino, and he asked him to adopt a different approach when racing other Yamaha riders. We made our position clear. The race was too tight and too difficult. You don’t do this; especially considering the situation in the championship.”

“I was very caught up in the race, and my adrenaline was pumping. But I think it was too close. We don’t like such aggressive races when our mission is something else. There is no implication of wrongdoing, otherwise Race Direction would have intervened. But a rider can be very aggressive, or too aggressive. Valentino was too aggressive.”

·
Registered
527 Posts
"His movements were legal " , "there is no implication of wrongdoing" , enough said ! A bunch of sucks .

·
Registered
478 Posts
I kinda have to agree. I like Vale alot and I know racing is racing. Everyone is clawing and fighting for the next best position. I think he was almost a little disrespectful to his teamate. The part that bothers me is, Rossi had nothing to loose and Jorge had everything to loose. Its not like they were both in the hunt for the championship. If that were the case then hell take the gloves off and spill some blood! In this case though there is nothing at stake for Rossi other than his huge ego! If Rossi would have beat Jorge cleanly and with doctor like precision then this would have been fine.

·
Registered
527 Posts
But he did beat Horhay "cleanly and with doctor like precision." This has nothing to do with Rossi's actions and everything to do with the fact that he's leaving .;)

·
Registered
525 Posts
I kinda have to agree. I like Vale alot and I know racing is racing. Everyone is clawing and fighting for the next best position. I think he was almost a little disrespectful to his teamate. The part that bothers me is, Rossi had nothing to loose and Jorge had everything to loose. Its not like they were both in the hunt for the championship. If that were the case then hell take the gloves off and spill some blood! In this case though there is nothing at stake for Rossi other than his huge ego! If Rossi would have beat Jorge cleanly and with doctor like precision then this would have been fine.
I think the older riders have a different take on what's fair/clean in racing. The younger riders (Stoner, Jorge, Pedrosa) have consistently complained about Rossi, Hayden, etc. for the past several years. Oddly, when touching is caused by them they do not seem to have such strong opinions on it.

·
Subsonic Swine!
169 Posts
My respect for Vale is renewed, and I suddenly want to see him destroy the field next year!!!

·
Registered
409 Posts
till now they both danced around the issue that they don't like each other.....well, thats over after not only Lorenzo, but all the Yamaha bosses got pissed at Rossi.

from Two Wheel Blog:

"Jorge Lorenzo was very unhappy about the battle and judged Valentino Rossi’s passes too aggressive and risky and that could have cost him the title challenge and even complained about it with Yamaha boss Lin Jarvis, who obviously took Lorenzo’s side.

Speaking to the press Lorenzo said about Rossi: “This was a big battle between Valentino and I, two warriors with the killer instinct. I have to say that at some points I do not think he was completely fair, we were both on the limit but some of his moves were maybe a bit too much and he touched me and pushed me wide when I don’t think it was right. We are team-mates, I am fighting for the riders’ championship but we are both fighting for the teams’ and manufacturers’ championship as well and we have to remember this.”

“The show is great for the business of motorcycling - people enjoy it and that’s fantastic, but when you’re a rider, and you’re riding a MotoGP bike which does 300 km/h on the straight and in the corners 200km/h or 180 km/h, and you are feeling that the other rider is touching you, it’s not a beautiful feeling or a good emotion because you know you are putting your life at risk in this moment. There were three or four moves I made on Valentino that I thought were correct and fair. Instead his movements were legal but a little bit on the limit from my point of view. I think it’s the way he likes to fight. It happened with [Sete] Gibernau, then with [Casey] Stoner and now with me. Maybe in the future his rivals will get a little bit mad and will act like he usually does.”

Lin Jarvis:

“I think that Valentino’s actions in the race today were not very correct towards Lorenzo, but I have to make some clear points. First of all, I want to say that a third and fourth place finish is good for the team, and good for Lorenzo in terms of the championship. Of course we would have preferred to win.”

“After the race, Jorge came to us and asked our opinion of Rossi’s behavior during the race. There were four of us. Besides me, there was Furusawa and another two people from Yamaha. We, together, were in agreement with the fact that a battle like that between teammates makes no sense. We expect our riders to race with a higher margin of safety. and they were too close today. After that, Furusawa went to talk to Valentino, and he asked him to adopt a different approach when racing other Yamaha riders. We made our position clear. The race was too tight and too difficult. You don’t do this; especially considering the situation in the championship.”

“I was very caught up in the race, and my adrenaline was pumping. But I think it was too close. We don’t like such aggressive races when our mission is something else. There is no implication of wrongdoing, otherwise Race Direction would have intervened. But a rider can be very aggressive, or too aggressive. Valentino was too aggressive.”

Like I said in the beginning of the season.........it's the same thing as the Mladin/Spies rivalry!

·
Registered
38 Posts
It should be common knowledge you get the most respect in and out of the paddock by trying to win EVERY race.

2nd is the first loser.

If you are the one in the championship points lead then the pressure is on YOU to man up.

Just like when we were kids playing "King of the Mountain"

Gio999

·
Registered
409 Posts
VR is a pure dickhead anyway! And I wont root for Ducati next year cause I hate him and Hayden. VR with his dirty tactics of sticking his leg way out to defend off other riders is lowball! The FIM should ban that crap by next season. Asshole VR was racing dirty today like he actually has a chance to win the title. Like he is only 5 points down and this was the last race of the season. Has he forgottten he is still on a Yamaha? Does he think he is on a Ducati already!!??

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
Unhappy??? has Jorge blanked out his aggressive moves on Dani earlier in the season???

·
Registered
92 Posts
It is like in '06 when turdly took out hayden at the penultimate race. When he had nothing to gain and hayden had everything to lose. So it is a dick move HOWEVER in this case Lolly is up by so many points why wouldn't he just concede the place to rossi and not have to worry about it the rest of the race. Either way it is a gray area and will make for interesting drama in '11.

·
Registered
525 Posts
It is like in '06 when turdly took out hayden at the penultimate race. When he had nothing to gain and hayden had everything to lose. So it is a dick move HOWEVER in this case Lolly is up by so many points why wouldn't he just concede the place to rossi and not have to worry about it the rest of the race. Either way it is a gray area and will make for interesting drama in '11.
The difference is that Rossi didn't take Lorenzo out. He simply pushed him wide (even by Jorge's account). Therefore, it is nothing like the Hayden/Pedrosa situation. It seems that the younger riders think any contact is wrong, whereas the older riders don't see a problem with contact as long as you don't take the other rider out. I tend to agree with the older riders, though I understand the frustration of the younger riders. What I don't understand is why they go beyond complaining behind closed doors and take it public. Since no one was taken out or even run off track, Jorge should just shut up. Gibernau did less complaining when Rossi ran him off the track. In fact, I don't recall Gibernau making accusations against Rossi being reckless (though Gibernau probably thought Rossi was)...he merely played up the injury to his shoulder.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
this was the first race since the third race of the season that Vale was in the position to beat Lorenzo, one on one!

Let be realistic for one second, he would had been the BIGGEST PUSSY if he didn't straight out go to war over that position ahead of Lorenzo, no matter what it was, 15th for all he cared.
Lorenzo, knowing that for a fact, shouldn't had let HIS ego engage Rossi ego and risk been taken out.
Was Vale wrong? i think he pushed a little too hard if you look at the fact they both ride for the same team and your teammate is in the cusp on winning his first championship..... but i don't blame Rossi one bit for doing it, he would had been a pussy if he didn't.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Sorry I was a little ambiguous with my point. I really don't care about contact. The point i was trying to make is having a teammate make agressive passes on another teammate when the passer has no chance at a title and the on being passed is in position for a title. Just because rossi didn't crash and to lolly out doesn't mean it couldn't have happened.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Sorry I was a little ambiguous with my point. I really don't care about contact. The point i was trying to make is having a teammate make agressive passes on another teammate when the passer has no chance at a title and the on being passed is in position for a title. Just because rossi didn't crash and to lolly out doesn't mean it couldn't have happened.
Agreed. I can understand Yamaha having a long chat with Rossi after the race. However, I don't understand the need of the younger riders to publicly complain about aggressive passes like they have been doing the past 3 years (though I admit this is the first time I remember Jorge doing it). That said, we have a reigning world champion and a soon to be world champion on the same team, both with a point to prove. With egos that big no one should be surprised if someone becomes "overly" aggressive at times.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I don't see what the fuss is about... THIS is what racing is all about, not controlling 2 second gaps between the whole damn race.

If Jorge was so worried about his championship and about the team championship, he should have followed Rossi around and finished at 4th and gone home happy. He wanted to show Rossi he was better and prove a point to him (kudos for trying!:D ) but if you finally get beat, don't be a baby and whine to your team managers about it. MAN UP!

No way Rossi is gonna follow team orders for the team he is leaving, especially when the rider he is racing (Jorge) is the reason for his departure and the new champ. I say good on Rossi, to take the fight to the boy! Hopefully we can get some good head to head racing for the last few races to set up 2011 well.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts