Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I unfortunately witnessed a motorcycle accident last night on my way home form work. Most Sol Cal people know of Ortega Canyon, fun road to ride but LOTS of cars and trucks. The guy was following two of his friends west when he came into a corner too hot crossed the double yellow and bounced off a big rig going east. The impact caused him to go head first into the guard rail tearing the helmet off his head and the bike in two. I jumped out of my car to check on him…he was face down in a pool of blood and barely breathing. By the time paramedics arrived the bleeding had stopped, they gave him CPR but it looked like the front of his head was completely crushed…he died on the seen. It was pretty crazy; I’ve never watched a person die before. When his friends turned around the one guy didn’t even bother to put the kick stand down, he just dropped the bike and ran to his friend, the looks on their faces was of total horror. I’m still kind of shaken up by it, had a hard time sleeping last night.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I am so sorry.

Sounds like an aweful night. Watch for how it affects you in other ways beyond just sleep. You may find yourself second guessing yourself in corners or tip toeing when you shouldn't. Just be careful when you are ridng. Stay upright man. These things can bug you in the head in ways that . . . well, can make you have a dropsy yourself.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I feel for you!

I witnessed one a while back where the bike lost it on the off ramp missed the turn and rode into the gravel median between the exit and the freeway and tumbled over and over. All this witnessed while driving the S/B side of the 605 Fwy the bike was headed N/B. It's amazing how much your visual and memory regions of your brain can record in a few seconds!

·
Registered
837 Posts
Thats a very REAL form of stress you witnessed and you HAVE to deal with it in a way that does'nt turn negative on you...dont hesatate to seek help from someone who's been there...:(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.