Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After my first track day I'm addicted again and need to pick up some track goodies. First I need a set of leathers, more than likely they will be custom seeing how nobody makes anything for us muscular guys. Second I need a good lap timer to keep track of my progress. After that I just need some misc. stuff like a EZ up, 10x10 outdoor carpet, air tank, and a few odds and ends. I have a pocket generator already so I can run fans and other electrical goodies... Ok back to the lap timer, who makes a good one. I have looked at the XT Racing Ultralap Timing Package - Transmitter, Receiver and it seems to be the most complete. Not to mention it's priced nicely and $205.95. Anybody ever use this system??? Thanks in advance guys... BTW searched for "lap timer" and only got two posts...

·
Registered
550 Posts
I just picked one up off of eBay for $110. Heard great things about them. That price you have (nor mine) includes the download cable. I'll be buying that separate. But I can vouch for Indy Supoerbikes. I buy almost all of my stuff there. Great guys, great prices... Also, if you go that route check this out: http://www.laptimerholders.com/ I bought one and it's great! Mounts right up to the fork and looks damn good. Plus there's mention of a discount code on the Rogue site if you go look for it... :D

·
Old,Dirty,Racer
1,191 Posts
On the lap timers, is there one that does the speedo correction along with the lap times in an all in one unit???

For the real big and real skinny guys/gals, custom is the only way to go...:rockon

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That price you have (nor mine) includes the download cable.
According to indysuperbikes the cable is included for the $205.95 price. Even if it isn't I have plenty of USB cables that will work.

·
Tough Crowd Racing #167
1,374 Posts
the download cable doesnt work like that, its a seperate box that transmits the info by IR signal

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I stand corrected the download cable is not included. They need a better picture and description on the site of what is or isn't included. That sucks that the cable is not a cable but a box/cable to download the info...

·
Registered
550 Posts
There's a drop down list for the download cable. $+44... Just don't want you to be surprised! I almost fell for that myself...

Edit: Crap! Too slow at typping!

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I bought my laptimer holder from the guy on the Rogue site for $25 shipped. I got it in gold of course, however I still don't have a laptimer to see how really slow I am going.

·
Meatball's Dad
2,752 Posts
XT Racing

I picked up a unit from XT Racing (USB) type earlier this year, very happy with it.
Ken

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Rookie said:
buy a sundial:woot:
I think that would be a hard item to instal on my triple clamp, but I can give it a whirl. Or I can just have Yol. come out there and time me again. I think she was shocked at how far behind I was from your pace.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was dissapointed that you weren't at summit this past monday.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
HanZcap said:
Who are you disappointed at, Todd or Me? I didn't know I was supposed to be up there?

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I thought todd and mark had said something about going up there. Coleman never said anything but he was there. It would have been nice to meet more of you guys.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
HanZcap said:
Sorry there were some personal thing I had to tend to! :(
I wish I did not have to but I did! For everyones sake :(
I had planed on being there in the afternoon also!

Are you riding sat (weather permiting)?

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I would look into other lap timers other than the XT. I had used one for a short time but found that it's time's (missed laps) were not always recoreded. I have a friend that uses the "NEW" Micron one and loves it! But for the most part the Xt is ok! Some times the I think its not the timer (receiver) but the transmiter.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The wife and I have some errands to run on saturday as we ran out of time last weekend.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts