Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Laguna Traffic (MrDigitaL)

It took us 3 1/2 hours to get from hotel room to grandstand seats this morning, and three hours to get back from seats to hotel.

Well worth it!!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Well, if you leave early, you get to the track fast!! We were at the track at 6:30. Getting out of the track, well, they need to call Barber and get a few tips!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Laguna Traffic (tattooskickass)

Leaving early to get to the track was definitely the best. I took the bus there and back. The MST really got there act together on Sunday. Saturday, after the superbike races, almost ended in a bus riot.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I got on the 9:00 bus at the convention center....actually got there at 9:15....we got stuck bad....everyone on the bus got off and walked but me and three others....got to the track at 11:45.....I so wanted to see the final GP practice at 10:00.....the situation was TOTALLY avoidable.....there was supposed to be a "bus only" lane that wasn't. People bailed out of every bus and cars were just pulling off and people just walking away from them....every car that had four people, three got out and left the driver to get there anyway they could. Mad jam of walkers and bikes with no difference between them.....this was a total disaster. Not Monterey County Sheriff Department's finest hour.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Laguna Traffic (roadkill)

SUCKED!!!!!!!!!

took the bas form Salinas and stuck on the hill.. driver didnt want to let us out.. finally he did and i managed to see just a bit of warmup.they need to do make something either way people will start get tired of having to make 20 miles in two hours...

and what's up with the cars? How f#%king hard would be to get the bus or ride a scooter???????

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Laguna Traffic (Giannis)

You guys caught a bus at 9AM and you're blaming Monterey County? Weak.

Next time, try getting up at 6am like the rest of us and getting there early... No problems getting in and only the normal delays getting out. It helped a bunch that a bunch of rookies left (at least 1/3 the crowd) right after the MotoGP and missed the best racing of the day with AMA Supersport.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Leaving was the problem for me. Section 2 parking SUCKED. Over 1 hour just sitting on the hill.
They need to get a clue.
Barber is run a whole lot smoother

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Laguna Traffic (900CR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 900CR »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You guys caught a bus at 9AM and you're blaming Monterey County? Weak.

Next time, try getting up at 6am like the rest of us and getting there early... </TD></TR></TABLE>

i got up 6:00 took drove from morgan hill to salinas took the bus 8:00 speed two hours inside it...yes blame monteray and their cops who only was busy giving tickets for stupids reassons to bikers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Laguna Traffic (Giannis)

Giannis... Your error, not theirs. I drove from Scotts Valley right into the front gate. Up at 6:00, corralled our guests, had breakfast, left the house at 7:00 and was unloading in the Wolf Hill parking lot at 8:15.

Sorry you decided to take the bus... bad move.

Great race, though! And the Sheriffs were awesome, and did a great job helping us all get out in a very safe manner.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Laguna Traffic (900CR)

hould i get taxi? i haven other option... car could be worst anyway next time ill bring a CRF50 with me

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

The one time I went to the Laguna Seca races, in '01, I rode down, and after wading through the traffic on the way out I'd never go down again except on 2 wheels (or I'd stay Sunday night in town and forget about driving home). The traffic jam went from the parking lot, down the hill, into town, up Highway 1, and all the way across to 101 - I'd have gone completely nuts if I hadn't been able to lanesplit, along with about 3000 other bikers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MrDigitaL »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
</TD></TR></TABLE>

No kidding. I'm sitting waiting and waiting and I finaly get down the hill to exit the track on to the road to Salinas.

There are two CHP officers standing about 50 feet from the gate and people are trying to exit the track against the traffic. I'm like get your asses out on the road and let some people out. They looked up the hill in my direction and I'm throwing my hands up like WTF! They look at both roads and must see the traffic going up the hill. Then they moved thier asses into the road and stopped traffic and let people out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts