Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, now I know why I still haven't received my tickets for the GP. Apparently those M****** F*****'s never processed my order!

I called in my order last year on the first day they were taking orders for the GP, basically renewing my package from the previous year - 4 adult Flagroom passes, and 1 youth - just like we've been doing for, oh, about the last 15 years straight.

A few days later, I called and added another youth ticket for my niece, who wanted to go as well. They told me "No problem!", and presumably added her ticket to the package...

Fast forward to today, and I called them to see where the hell my tickets are, and they tell me they have no record whatsoever of me ordering tickets for this race. Apparently, my card was never billed, and I have no proof that I ever called them.

Supposedly, they'll be offering General Admission through the weekend, so that's what we'll have to do. But I swear, if we get there and they tell us the place is sold out, I'm going off...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Laguna tickets: I got F***ED at the drive-thru! (AZ Scott)

Crap AZ, that bites. You can still get expensive tickets ($750 range) but they're whack expensive. I'm still waiting to know if I can get tickets from FOTT (friends of the track), and it's looking good, hope to know this week.

If not, I guess I'm doing the gen-admin too.

You could try http://www.craigslist.org in san-fran area; ppl are selling them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Not trying to be funny, but I could have sworn Colin Edwards said Laguna was sold out at Assen. I'll re-watch the begining of the race tonight.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Laguna tickets: I got F***ED at the drive-thru! (SP8)

yes but sold out on grandstands not all the racetrack... LOL im dure you will find general admition tickets

i bought mine yesterday online and i got confirmation email i printed it out and ill go there friday to pick them up.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea I would buy them now if you can just so you can relax...my friend bought some yesterday online.

That sucks bad man!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thats lame I might have a pit pass and weekend ticket if lmy wife does not want to go.. which probable is the case...

nate

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Don't they normally email a confirmation number or at least give you one over the phone?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Scott,

From Clubdesmo.com:

Ok, one set of tix has been freed up so I can let em go.

two 3 day general admission, 2 paddock, 2 grandstand seats.

$500 for the pair.

First shot goes to CD, Ebay with a $600 reserve on wed night.

email me- [email protected]

Will

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: (roadkill)

We're just going to buy General Admission tickets and enjoy the race. We'll visit the paddock next year. The problem is, there are six of us, so if we get any upgraded tickets, we have to get six of them, which makes the price and availability out of the question.

I placed my order by phone way back in October, and I was not given a confirmation number at the time. Apparently, they would have sent one by mail, but there was no telling when it would arrive. At some point during the subsequent 8 months, I simply got to the point where I assumed everything was fine.

As for the credit card billing statements, I just assumed they wouldn't bill me until the tickets were sent, so it never occured to me that nothing was happening. It's hard enough to keep track of stuff that is going on in your life, much less stuff that isn't going on. How often do you notice things that aren't happening?

Besides, even if I had been keeping a close eye on everything involving the MotoGP race, by the time I would have realized I hadn't been billed or received a confirmation letter, the Flagroom and every other "upgraded" package they offer had been sold out anyway. So I was f***ed from the day I called.

My fault for assuming that by directly talking to a person in the ticket office, my ticket order would actually be acknowledged. I'll know better next time...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: (AZ Scott)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AZ Scott »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My fault for assuming that by directly talking to a person in the ticket office, my ticket order would actually be acknowledged. I'll know better next time...</TD></TR></TABLE>

I would have done the same thing. I bet anyone else on here who says "you should have looked for a confirmation" wouldn't have looked either if they knew they talked directly to the person taking ticket orders and if they did, they too would have been too late. It just sucks, but at least you are still going.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

I think the most important thing is that we still have our hotel reservations!! We will enjoy the races one way or another.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts