Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got to thinking about the Ritz Carlton prices for WalMart accommodations and wondered if there might be some new angle....

then I remembered passing by Monterey High School....

then I kinda figured that the HS has a gym with large locker rooms, hot showers, mens and womens, home/visitor accommodations (2 of everything)......

then I got to thinking of the possibility of renting the gym (school's out for the summer) for the MotoGP......

full time security......controlled access.......bring your own sleeping accommodations....maybe $60 a night.....max of 60 people (not exactly refugee camp in a gym that seats maybe 2,500)......max convenience to virtually everything.....restaurants, shops, Cannery Row, beach access, right in the middle of everything, as secure of person and vehicle as can be made.....

is this totally stupid?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: laguna seca 2006 hotel alternative (roadkill)

Even though they have lockers there, I don't think they are big enough to keep suitcases in. It would make me a little nervous leaving all my stuff out in the open with a bunch of people I don't know.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: laguna seca 2006 hotel alternative (tattooskickass)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tattooskickass »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Even though they have lockers there, I don't think they are big enough to keep suitcases in. It would make me a little nervous leaving all my stuff out in the open with a bunch of people I don't know.</TD></TR></TABLE>

good point....just a thought.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: laguna seca 2006 hotel alternative (tattooskickass)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tattooskickass »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Even though they have lockers there, I don't think they are big enough to keep suitcases in. It would make me a little nervous leaving all my stuff out in the open with a bunch of people I don't know.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Use a large duffel bag instead, then it all fits in a locker.
Then you just have to worry about the funk that was left by the last occupant.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts