Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Geez. Some people...
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Technically, tickets are now on sale, but of course the lines are all busy and the server is overloaded.

But anyway, if you want to buy one of the premium packages for next year's race, it would be a good idea to get in there as soon as you can...

And make sure you get written confirmation IMMEDIATELY. Trust me on this one. :rolleyes:

·
Geez. Some people...
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
UPDATE:

Okay, so after spending 1/2 hour trying to log into their website, it turns out you can only order General Admission on line.

So we had to call their 800 number and wait for one of the 3 girls in the ticket office to put down her cup of Starbucks long enough to answer the phone...

...which took almost 2 HOURS! :eek:

Anyway, we got our Flagroom tickets (the ones I should have gotten last year, but you know the story on that one).

Apparently, all of the "Suites" (Pit row, Paddock, etc.) are already sold out, presumeably to the rich people who had them last year.

So if you want to buy Flagroom tickets, or Big Dog passes, or any of those packages, I suggest you do so quickly...

(And good luck with hotels...)

·
Registered
250 Posts
Just booked a hotel in Salinas too. What prices is everyone else getting? I was told $225/Night for a King sized bed. Prices are ridiculous!!! We stayed at Comfort Inn Carmel Hill last year for about $180/Night. I just called to make a reservation for this tear and they are going for $349/Night :mad: :eek: (that is not a typo!!)

Needless to say, we aren't staying there!!!!!

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
tattooskickass said:
Just booked a hotel in Salinas too. What prices is everyone else getting? I was told $225/Night for a King sized bed. Prices are ridiculous!!! We stayed at Comfort Inn Carmel Hill last year for about $180/Night. I just called to make a reservation for this tear and they are going for $349/Night :mad: :eek: (that is not a typo!!)

I had one hell of a good time this year but......with the prices they want next year, I could literally go to one of the rounds in Europe....airfare to Europe out of Atlanta is cheeeeep if you go "out of season" which means before May or after Setember......Jerez and Estoril are in April and Valencia is in October. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

·
Geez. Some people...
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lbm00n said:
SHEESH, i had to send my money WEEKS ago!
That's because you got to renew the tickets you had this year. We had to wait for the public tickets to go on sale. Not only did they screw up our order and not process our tickets this year, but we got the added bonus of being dropped from the renewal list! :mad:

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
AZ Scott said:
That's because you got to renew the tickets you had this year. We had to wait for the public tickets to go on sale. Not only did they screw up our order and not process our tickets this year, but we got the added bonus of being dropped from the renewal list! :mad:

This is what we in the prognostication business refer to as "bad karma". ;)

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
tattooskickass said:

Jess, what kind of prices did you get? I started looking for a hotel last month and I gave up.

I'm with roadkill on this one. I had a frickin blast at Laguna this year, and I would like to go to every USGP, but I'm not even planning on going next year after looking at hotel prices. I couldn't find anything for under 2x what we paid this year.

If the hotels can get those prices then I guess a lot of people want to attend that race more than I do! And I really want to go! There just comes a point where the alternate uses of that money look start looking pretty attractive...

[How do I do smilies on this new board? I want that one that's crying. In fact, I want several of them.]

·
Registered
602 Posts
paddock passes already sold out. WTF. i better not see them show up on ebay by some dirtbag.....really its only friday, come on! havent even thought about hotel yet! duh.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Valencia

We'll go to Valencia and watch Vale's last races from there. More affordable. Who woulda thunk California would get so greedy that it would be more affordable to fly to Spain!? Not only are the hotels 2-3x more expensive, in Cali., but they doubled and tripled their minimum stay #s. They're gonna strangle a good thing.

·
Registered
41 Posts
That's got me thinking?

That's not such a bad idea. I did Donington park last year and it wasn't that much more than doing Laguna Seca after you factor in fuel,food and lodging. Grabbed a rental car and we were set. There's are a bunch of affordable lodging if you don't mind sleeping next to the motorway? The most money spent was on the plane tickets, which was cheaper then compared to now!

·
Registered
377 Posts
It's not 110% confirmed yet, but for 2006, it's looking like we (Macman and myself) are gonna be sweatin' it out in Colin's factory suite over the garages and hot pit, etc. :cool: :D

C'mon Colin... keep your job bro! ;)

·
This space for rent
1,478 Posts
What a bunch of bullshit that is about the paddock passes, some cocksucker bought them up and will try to sell them on ebay. I had fun this year, but for what they want for hotel and shit I might just go to a European round or Phillip Island.

No paddock passes available so I'm not going back, that is the most fucked up track in America and they will piss off enough people to lose this race again. Road America would be way better for Moto GP.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Latebraker said:
What a bunch of bullshit that is about the paddock passes, some cocksucker bought them up and will try to sell them on ebay. I had fun this year, but for what they want for hotel and shit I might just go to a European round or Phillip Island.

No paddock passes available so I'm not going back, that is the most fucked up track in America and they will piss off enough people to lose this race again. Road America would be way better for Moto GP.
I'd speculate more an inside job than one or two cocksuckers buying everything up.

Monterey is still a backwards-ass hick town, with more inbred morons running the County than you'd care to believe. Check back on all the hotel gouging that went down.. Seen anyone brought up on charges? And you won't... :(

It's cheaper to fly to Europe and see a race then it will be to stay home and do the weekend again.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I won't be back, from the ridiculous parking and entry/exits, to the hotel prices. Quite honestly, the infield is so oversold to vendors a lot of the track is like a fucking maze that they ride through, think I'm wrong, sit in the stands by Ducati island you can hear them go by anyway. No, that thousand dollars will go elsewhere.

For me the only plus to the weekend was meeting some from the board.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Moto GP

Thinkin about Brno,Next year
I think its time I see a GP race at a Real Track :wtf

·
Registered
296 Posts
The paddock passes are sold out and the paved moto parking is sold out. Seems like I am in the reverse situation as some of you. I already have my hotel booked ($60 a night), if I can't get the paved parking and paddock passes (I need three), I'm gonna cancel my hotel. :banghead

·
Geez. Some people...
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Where on earth did you find a $60 hotel room?????? :woot:

(And I've got dibs on it if you cancel!!!) :eek:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts