Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Lack of tobacco adverts (bung)

Yes. I believe the US in general does also.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Lack of tobacco adverts (CaliDuc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CaliDuc »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yes. I believe the US in general does also.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yep. Why do you think Napcar is now called the Playtex Cup, errr Nextel cup.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Thank god. They should outlaw that stuff. My brother went through drug treatment for the nasty stuff and he said kicking crack was easier than simply trying to give up smoking. Even after throat cancer he still won't give it up.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bung »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Does CA have a restriction on tobacco advertising? </TD></TR></TABLE>
Funny you mentioned that. Fortuna is displayed on the M1 bikes, but no Marlboro on the Ducs.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

It is the US in general that has restrictions in this case. All cig adverts will be gone at the end of '07 I think it is. Right now the companies have to chose only one sport/series to sponsor. So Marlboro is on the Penske IRL crapwagons so it cannot be on the Ducs. I am not sure if Camel is in any US sport and may have decided to stop altogether as Winston did with Nascrap. Fortuna has no US presence so is free to be on the bikes. I have greatly simplified the whole mess but that is the basic gist of it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Lack of tobacco adverts (SP3)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SP3 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It is the US in general that has restrictions in this case. All cig adverts will be gone at the end of '07 I think it is. Right now the companies have to chose only one sport/series to sponsor. So Marlboro is on the Penske IRL crapwagons so it cannot be on the Ducs. I am not sure if Camel is in any US sport and may have decided to stop altogether as Winston did with Nascrap. Fortuna has no US presence so is free to be on the bikes. I have greatly simplified the whole mess but that is the basic gist of it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

What he said....plus one more very important point.....Camel, Marlboro, Lucky Strike, etc. are American brands so they are covered......Fortuna is NOT for sale in America so it can not be covered. Am baffled by the whole tobacco sponsorship of activities that require one to be in tip-top shape physically to participate in....what the @%#$ am I missing here? How is it that the tobacco companies think that if Alex Barros wins a race that some race fan is going to get in his vehicle and run down to the nearest store and buy a pack of Camels?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.