Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you with the block-off plates noticed any leakage after prolonged use? I've had the plates on for about a year (with the Red silicone sealer) and I just noticed some wetness around half of one of the plates. I don't know if it's from surface water or oil leaking though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (entropy)

It gets pretty hot there so I don't think water would stick around . Why not just re-seal it to be sure. You don't want to mist your tires with oil.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Kyle Block-off plates - leaks after prolonged use (Splangy)

My pair plates have never sealed correctly. I just finally gave up! I have tried half a dozen different sealers and still have leak and popping issues.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Kyle Block-off plates - leaks after prolonged use (ebnash)

it's definitely leaking ever so slightly - very little. the bike is cooling now and i'll re-apply silicone this evening.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Kyle Block-off plates - leaks after prolonged use (entropy)

The plates look like they fit either way, but they do only fit one way. If they're clocked on wrong you won't get a seal.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (mrgrn)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mrgrn »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">reuse he OEM rubber
</TD></TR></TABLE>

+1

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (Splangy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mrgrn »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">reuse he OEM rubber
</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Splangy »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">+1</TD></TR></TABLE>

+2

Mike, if you continue to have an issue the OEM rubber and pluging the stock with JB weld has worked without fail. But I am a JB weld master craftman

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (clarkandgrilli)

this is the first time in over a year, but if the re-apply doesn't work i'll ride it over to your place, master welder, and let you have at it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: (aces anugal)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by aces anugal »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I made my own three years ago....... no leaks.</TD></TR></TABLE>

ditto

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: (Splangy)

Three years, no leaks, no sealer, Two Mothers plates. I just removed the OEM covers and left the rest of the stuff in place.

BTW, NEVER USE SILICONE SEALER ON A MOTORCYCLE ENGINE WHERE IT IS EXPOSED TO OIL! Geez Louise...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: (weasel)

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have bought the high temp silicone seal if it wasn't good in oil conditions. Actually, I'm pretty sure the container states that it can be used in automobile applications.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Those of you with leaks simply have the plates on upside down/backwards.

As mentioned, they are not symetrical, although they appear to be. If you look closely, you'll notice that one corner of the plate is rounded slightly while the other corner is more squarish. You'll also notice that the ports on the cylinder heads share this asymetrical design. Therefore, you must be sure to place the covers correctly or you will get leaks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: (Eric04)

you're absolutely not correct. I had a leak, but my plates were on just fine. Thanks though.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts