Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
Without a top rider they are wasting their time. Aprilia is in the same position. Either bike may be as good as the RC or M1, but we will never know because the riders will not be up to par.

Or they may sign some young talented rookie that will someday be MotoGP champion and take to the big bikes like a duck to water, but if the bike is not quite that good we again will never know how good the rider is until he leaves for Honda or Yamaha, or maybe Ducati.

For these small companies I don't get why they even try versus spending a fraction on WSBK. There is no participation trophy in MotoGP although everyone not working for Yamaha and Honda pretends there is.

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
Thank you for the post, great stuff.

Being a V4 guy makes this cool and also another bike company into the mix is great. I liked Suzuki coming back in and i think maybe next year some more success for them.

Getting a good bike might tempt some talent to come ride but these smaller companies have to be close or on par right off the bat to have a real chance to compete and lure in talent willing to take a chance

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
KTM has never been on time for anything. I will believe it when it is on the track in the mix.

Remember the RC8. That was (supposed to be) their first foray into MGP. Even once they realized it wasn't going to fly it still took yrs to come to street production.

While MGP has different challenges in production to mass production I wonder if KTM will make it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts