Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting to delving into the suspension on my 2000 996 and I'm going to have to change the fork oil soon and am thinking of revalving the front forks while "I'm in there."

I'm deliberating between the 20mm KTECH valve kit or the 20mm Ohlins valve kit; my reading on the KTECH stuff is that it offers more low speed damping, more piston regulation and has a greater range of adjustment over the 20mm Ohlins kit. Has anyone here used KTECH and better yet, have they used KTECH and Ohlins on the same bike?

I will also change the rear shock spring at the same time, not sure if I'll need to revalve though as I'm not sure what the valving on the stock Ohlins rear shock is like and what range of spring rates it can handle.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: KTECH v. Ohlins (hubert)

Yes... Hi-Side had them in his last race bike (600RR) and liked them a lot. You may want to ping him. I believe he's switching to Traxxion AR-20 cartriges on his new race bike (another 600RR).

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: KTECH v. Ohlins (dryheat)

I'm thinking hubert is asking about the 20mm valves, not the full cartridge kit (that Hi-Side had installed).

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: KTECH v. Ohlins (Rrider)

Guys, this is what I'm looking at.

I've heard good things about the company but can't really find many people who've actually used the KTECH (plenty who've used Ohlins, Penske, et al).

Thanks.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haven't got an experience of the kit you're talking about but I can say KTechs reputation is just about without equal in the UK.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts