Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Konica Minolta colours

HOT!!

I thought suzuki was cool since I have a fetish for whiteness, but this just takes the cake!

(yes I know I miss-spelt konica, tried editing, didn't work..)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Konica Minolta colours (dj_wawa)

not many sponsors..

Makotino Tamadi might a big surprise this year

ps:Mini quiz which other bike in the history of roadracing sponsored by Minolta?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Konica Minolta colours (Giannis)

One of the RSC endurance Honda's. If I could figure out this image thing,,,,,,,,,

1980 RS1000

Modified by Just Riding Along at 6:28 PM 2/24/2005

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Konica Minolta colours (Just Riding Along)

BEAUTIFUL for sure! I've always like colored wheels and the use of white and blue (a la older Gixxers), but this is way cool... and different.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Konica Minolta colours (Tripod-R)

Nice bike.

I admit that Im not up to speed on Honda's , but I noticed the Dry Clutch , is that common on Honda's race machines?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Konica Minolta colours (Tripod-R)

Looks like 2005 may be The Year of the Return of White for bikes.

I have a question: I see these "Foggy Eye's" sticker on a lot of different bikes and in a lot of different places.

What is the meaning (of it all)?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Konica Minolta colours (Chuckles)

all GP bikes since late 70s have dry clutches..

No those are Berik's logotype look like foggy but is not (MotoGP apparel in USA)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

If it only had a fluorescent blue windscreen.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Konica Minolta colours (TLSer)

here is the bike Minolta Suzuki GSXR750 Lemans 24 hours 1991.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Here's mine, but it's all guesswork how "offical" the Minolta sticker is.

http://www.appeldephare.com/motos/tecbol.html

I've got a super nice 20th year Suzuka book with this bike also, but that text is all Japanese. Unreal 4-stroke photo's. If I ever figure out posting images I'll scan some. This was the only hint I coud find of it on the web.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Konica Minolta colours (Just Riding Along)

On the end f this threat i have some simple instructions on how to upload pics..

if you cant email them to me i have a small collection of Endurance bike pictures and i would like to see what you got.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

It'll take me a while to scan them, but I'll pencil you in. I'd really have to scan the entire book to do it justice, so if I were you I'd start hunting for a copy.

8 Hours x 20 Years, Shueisha Mook, 1997, ISBN4-08-102028-0.

Shots in the Yosh pit of Pops drilling out cylinder heads, RS750R's, Mori bikes. Any trick 4-stroke out of Japan.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Konica Minolta colours (dj_wawa)

Like many GSXR owners or even ex-owners, the white & blues are to our likings. That bike really does look great.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Konica Minolta colours (Smitty)

The best part about it is that it is a non-motorsports sponsor. It's good for the sport!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Konica Minolta colours (Dave)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dave »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The best part about it is that it is a non-motorsports sponsor. It's good for the sport!</TD></TR></TABLE>
Is it? Lets hope they stick around for a while. Wheres Pramac, Pepsi, Lucky Strike, West, Red Bull, Shell these days? Why do we never see Coca Cola, McDonalds, Vodaphone, Nokia etc ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: Konica Minolta colours (kiwigav)

they Sponsor Nascar... not many people eat Macs outside the US

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: Konica Minolta colours (kiwigav)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kiwigav »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Is it? Lets hope they stick around for a while. Wheres Pramac, Pepsi, Lucky Strike, West, Red Bull, Shell these days? Why do we never see Coca Cola, McDonalds, Vodaphone, Nokia etc ?</TD></TR></TABLE>

OK, maybe I should have been more specific. It's good to see a non-motorsports, non-tobacco, and non-alcohol sponsor again.

My point was that is nice to see a new company step up and be a major sponsor for a roadracing team. Instead of the usual players.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.