Oh yeah, I dont have one anymore;)

·
Tough Crowd Racing #167
1,374 Posts
hope the crash truck will come get me or push it all the way back to the pits:D

·
RC51-less Member
6,675 Posts
kickstand weight.................what's the point? let it go........

OEM without spring 359 1/2grams
my carbon without spring 259 grams

100 grams on a motorcycle means nothing. that's the same as taking a good chit before riding, or wearing no underwear.

if i was building another mountain bike.....well, maybe we'd talk....:rolleyes: .

it's a farkin kickstand, mang................:wtf

·
RC51-less Member
6,675 Posts
yeAH......it does look cool as f-n chit, doesn't it?

all NASA like..........:woot: :clapper :rockon

·
Registered
382 Posts
You know, the reason that I asked about buying a Sato Ti stand was because it is longer. I went ahead and fabricated an orthotic-looking pad that is bolted to the bottom of the sidestand's foot. It is made out of 7/16" aluminium plate stock. It keeps the scooter from leaning over so much because the F&R Ohlins setup raises the thing somewhat. I would still buy one of the Sato ones if I could find one.

·
Registered
338 Posts
oljackboy said:
You know, the reason that I asked about buying a Sato Ti stand was because it is longer. I went ahead and fabricated an orthotic-looking pad that is bolted to the bottom of the sidestand's foot. It is made out of 7/16" aluminium plate stock. It keeps the scooter from leaning over so much because the F&R Ohlins setup raises the thing somewhat. I would still buy one of the Sato ones if I could find one.
If all you want is a longer kickstand....there is this guy SP2Pilot (you may have heard of him...:)) on the board that will probably help you out.

·
RC51-less Member
6,675 Posts
lengthening the stock kickstand is an easy process with the right tools......

oh....and black paint.:D

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
FWIW Rigor i did not make my kickstand because it was lighter, i made it because it was longer and that was what i wanted, and what other people wanted. DK sell sato ti ones for $200 a pop why? cause they are lighter and longer right? see the similar funtion? the weights were posted merely as stats and or facts for the info minded, just curious what have you made, thought of, or posted of real value lately?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts