Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kevin- No laughing. Dragon battery box pics. fixed.

I had 4 hours before we had to leave for the track and the welder was out of commission, so I improvised with what I had laying around the garage.

1 4' piece of aluminum angle
1 2' piece of aluminum u channel
1 8' piece of 3/4" flat steel
misc rivets
not a care for aesthetics!

Anyhow I attached at two points.
1. I utilized the stock fairing stay on the left side.
2. Attached directly to the starter

The thing is actually rock solid which is surprising with only two attachment points. It looks like all hell and doesn’t actually fit correctly but I will still use the same points when I rotate the new box vertically.

**The battery is a "Extreme

Anyhow here are the pics, no laughing.

Worked like a champ all that day and since! Too bad its going away as soon as the welding equipment get here

Modified by clarkandgrilli at 12:11 AM 8/25/2005

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Kevin- No laughing. Dragon battery box pics. fixed. (clarkandgrilli)

just playin man, at least you made it work. looks like something off monster garage. thanks for the pics it gave me a better idea of how to mount it up.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Kevin- No laughing. Dragon battery box pics. fixed. (KevinTX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KevinTX »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> thanks for the pics it gave me a better idea of how to mount it up. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Good deal:thumbup: . Also, I'll post pics after the new box install to redeem myself to myself

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It doesn't matter what it looks like as long as it works. So I have to say good job man.
pat

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Kevin- No laughing. Dragon battery box pics. fixed. (clarkandgrilli)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by clarkandgrilli »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Good deal:thumbup: . Also, I'll post pics after the new box install to redeem myself to myself

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Holy hack job! You'd better redeem yourself!!!!

ahhh, F*&K it, you can't see it anyways!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Kevin- No laughing. Dragon battery box pics. fixed. (Splangy)

2 words for ya--POWER WASHER.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Kevin- No laughing. Dragon battery box pics. fixed. (rc51999)

Backyard mechanics everywhere give you 2 thumbs up...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Kevin- No laughing. Dragon battery box pics. fixed. (old timer)

Thanks for the comments. It is almost shameful that it had to see a flash from a camera

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lowers the center of gravity, makes turning in easier. plus you upgrade to a smaller battery and it shaves the pounds off.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (tg413)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tg413 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">not pretty but got the job done..........hmm i know some ladies like that
</TD></TR></TABLE>

ha thats what the ladies say about me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (KevinTX)

Looks like you did just fine McGuyver.

I would like to buy or build a mount for mine and get that done this winter. Then I can slide most of the electronics in the tail to the stock battery box area.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> It doesn't matter what it looks like as long as it works. So I have to say good job man </TD></TR></TABLE>

hellyeah function over fashion

·
Registered
60 Posts
Where are the pics of the new and improved box? I am curious to see how you did it. I too am planning on relocating my battery.

·
South Texan
638 Posts
THORSTEN. holy i have been trying to get a hold of you to order some stuff. whats the wait on that battery box and a carbon air box?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts