Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.kettenmax.com/en/index/index.asp

Not certain how many of you are using or have even heard of this device, but I'm using it now and it works really well. I suppose you can get the same results with small brushes and elbow grease, but this thing does it in a matter of minutes. Pretty cool if you like a clean chain.

I don't use it for lubrication, just for cleaning. One 8oz bottle of kerosene and the chain is as clean as new.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Kettenmax (DanST4)

Gotta love the music on their video demo!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Kettenmax (Capt. Home Slice)

Very Cool!
Myself I use a product I call "Kitten Max".
My dog Buddy brings these cats home from time to time and I could never figure out what to do with them. I got this great idea one day and tried it out, works great!!
Place your bike on a secure rear stand raising the rear wheel off the ground.
Take one dead cat, slow method, or one live cat, fast method, Fluffy cats work best, soak it lightly in kerosene.
The correct instalation is very important.
Place the tail toward the counter shaft sprocket this enables a complete cleaning
of the counter shaft sprocket area.
Use two tywraps and tywrap the cat directly to the chain on top of the swingarm.
Be sure to not tighten the tywraps too tight allowing the cat to slide freely on the chain.
Live cats don't go for this a whole lot so you have to be fast, hence the fast method. Live cats are also self cleaning and can be reused multiple times.
Once the cat is secured in place start your bike and put it in first gear and slowly release the clutch.
Allow about thirty seconds at idle speed for a complete cleaning. "Warning - Using this method for longer than thirty seconds can get really messy"
After your chain has been cleaned remove the cat and hose the rear wheel area down with soap and water. Blow dry with compressed air or lawn blower.
Use a chain lubricant of your choice and your done!

(No animals were actually harmed so get over it.)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Ill let you know I should have one coming soon.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kettenmax web site »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">IMPORTANT!

Never rotate the rear wheel when the motor ist running and a gear engaged!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, this would be far too efficient. You don't want that.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Kettenmax (AZ Scott)

I know a guy (gsxr owner) who tore the tip of his finger off getting it caught in the chain while cleaning it. And yes, the motor was on and in gear, the bike was on a rearstand and whAAmO!!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Kettenmax (Capt. Home Slice)

Well, you shouldn't stick your finger in there.

(I thought that was kind of obvious.)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Kettenmax (AZ Scott)

The first thing you do is cut the brushes to fit your size chain. When you put the Kettenmax on the chain it's a tight fit because there's a lot of brushes up against every surface of your chain, top, bottom, and sides. The key it to apply some solvent (kerosene) while slowly rotating the rear wheel. The goal is to get some solvent on each link of the chain.

The cleaning action is more from solvent dissolving the gunk and less from mechanical action, but both play a part. At first the drain tube from the unit will be spewing black solvent. Then gray. And finally clear.

Once you see how the unit mounts to the chain, and how it's kept stationary while the chain passes through it, you won't want the engine running! Besides, the chain gets very wet with solvent and if you spin the rear wheel too fast the solvent gets all over the place.

Slow and steady, 2 or 3 minutes tops.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Ok I got mine in the mail this morning from them. Its a demo unit they sent me as a product test for my website. Ill be using it and evaluating it this weekend so ill post up what I find then.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts