Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone . I have the chance to buy a barely used 05 ZX-6R cheap cheap cheap . It's the "cheater" 636cc with reportedly great midrange and 114rwHP . The tests I've read have nothing but good comments especially the final 05 version , but I'm wondering about reliability issues . Anyone have experience with this model ? At this stage in my life , when I buy a bike , I plan on keeping it so I'm not sure if the Kawi would be a worthy addition to the stable . It's funny , after owning the RC for a while now , I sometimes have the desire to ride a high winding I-4 for a change but one with good low and midrange power like the ZX . What do you think ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think your NUTZ!!! :D :D :D A Kawi product? YUCK!

Just kidding, you go with what you want. I have a RC and a Gixxer 1K and its nice to trade once in a while. I say go for it!

Dan

·
Premium Member
3,333 Posts
Kawasaki are one of the harder bikes to work on and the 636 frams where they curve in by the steering head buckel very easy in minor crashes I have had to replace quit a few and total a few more. But the 636 with a Sato half system, PCIII USB and jumper mod can get you almost 120rwhp.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The 05 636 is a great bike, but just don't expect the finish to be up to much if you ride it through winter.

Which you probably won't.

I personally chose the 600RR over it, but depends on whether you like to "sit in" your bikes or "sit on" them.

You sit in the 636 whereas you sit on the 600RR.

·
SP-1, SV650, 200EXC
255 Posts
It's interesting, I just started riding the piggy (I call it Brutus) on the street and compared to my previous gixxers I definitely sit ON it as opposed to in the gix. Even my race SV650 is more of a sit in than an RC.

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
Hi everyone . I have the chance to buy a barely used 05 ZX-6R cheap cheap cheap . It's the "cheater" 636cc with reportedly great midrange and 114rwHP . The tests I've read have nothing but good comments especially the final 05 version , but I'm wondering about reliability issues . Anyone have experience with this model ? At this stage in my life , when I buy a bike , I plan on keeping it so I'm not sure if the Kawi would be a worthy addition to the stable . It's funny , after owning the RC for a while now , I sometimes have the desire to ride a high winding I-4 for a change but one with good low and midrange power like the ZX . What do you think ?
How cheap is "cheap cheap cheap"? Miles? Condition? Usually there is a good reason why stuff is cheap, most of the time it has something to do with the condition of said stuff.

All that said, I would just make sure that you do a thorough inspection, do your research, and have fun.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How cheap is "cheap cheap cheap"? Miles? Condition? Usually there is a good reason why stuff is cheap, most of the time it has something to do with the condition of said stuff.

All that said, I would just make sure that you do a thorough inspection, do your research, and have fun.

A friend who knows I'm always looking for interesting bikes told me about the ZX-6R after looking at it . Apparently it's in showroom condition , green:eek: , 2300KM , $3500 , owned by a guy in his 50's who isn't interested in motorcycling any more . This happens quite often here in Canada , with the long winters and expensive insurance rates . I'm a little concerned about the quality of Kawis having owned only Hondas and one Yamaha . The bike is 2 hours away so I need to find the time to go check it out . Thanks for the replies .

·
junior
96 Posts
I had an 03 for 2 years and the only problem I had was a veeeeeery minor coolant leak. I mean if i rode all day id have a lil dirt stain the size of a pen cap. It never leaked bad enough for me to give an F:twocents

1 - 10 of 10 Posts