Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a 1991 Kawasaki ZX7 with 19K miles for sale localy.

Has the second seat so I assume not an R model. What would the VIN code be for an R model?

Anything in particular to look for beyond the usual 20 YO motorcycle stuff.

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
If it has a steel tank and wide ratio transmission, defnitely a standard model. Other than that, I think they were a pretty bulletproof and reliable. No big things to watch out for.

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
Check the back side of the fork bottoms. If there are no adjusters, it is not a R.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Zx7

Found one in FL here:
1997 ZX 750-R

What are these bikes worth? I'm working to reach him and find out miles, but looks pretty clean. Don't think it's an R however.

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
Found one in FL here:
1997 ZX 750-R

What are these bikes worth? I'm working to reach him and find out miles, but looks pretty clean. Don't think it's an R however.

If it's a Florida bike it likely has lots of miles. I'd try to get it as close to $2,000 as possible. From what I've learned so far about ZX-7Rs, they handle mileage well if they're not abused. Some even have over 100K miles on them.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Craigslist

I tried multiple times to call him. No Answer.

I was going to low ball him since it is the dead of winter up here. You would think that if you are trying to sell something at a bad time of year and that you state that you need the money you would be responsive to your small number of customers you are attracting.

I had to dig out the truck out of the snowbank last week. Snow was to the top of the bed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts