Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a 1991 Kawasaki ZX7 with 19K miles for sale localy.

Has the second seat so I assume not an R model. What would the VIN code be for an R model?

Anything in particular to look for beyond the usual 20 YO motorcycle stuff.

· Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
If it has a steel tank and wide ratio transmission, defnitely a standard model. Other than that, I think they were a pretty bulletproof and reliable. No big things to watch out for.

· Registered
516 Posts
Zx7

Found one in FL here:
1997 ZX 750-R

What are these bikes worth? I'm working to reach him and find out miles, but looks pretty clean. Don't think it's an R however.

· Premium Member
6,388 Posts
Found one in FL here:
1997 ZX 750-R

What are these bikes worth? I'm working to reach him and find out miles, but looks pretty clean. Don't think it's an R however.

If it's a Florida bike it likely has lots of miles. I'd try to get it as close to $2,000 as possible. From what I've learned so far about ZX-7Rs, they handle mileage well if they're not abused. Some even have over 100K miles on them.

· Premium Member
6,388 Posts
Here it is. I cant get ahold of him.

And I realy want a 1993 R model.

ZX-7 KAWASAKI NINJA
Holy cow. Grab that.

Did you try emailing him through Craigslist?

It's not perfect but for the money it's pretty good. If it's 'turn key' and runs good offer him $1,000

· Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Craigslist

I tried multiple times to call him. No Answer.

I was going to low ball him since it is the dead of winter up here. You would think that if you are trying to sell something at a bad time of year and that you state that you need the money you would be responsive to your small number of customers you are attracting.

I had to dig out the truck out of the snowbank last week. Snow was to the top of the bed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.