Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Roger and Tommy Hayden will be in Superbike next year with Kawasaki. Awesome! I think Tommy instantly has a legitimate shot at the title. But...

Does anybody else wish it was EBoz on a ZX10? The man has earned a real crack at an AMA Championship. He's screwed, because...

I've said it before:

Ducati will never win another motorcycle championship with a production based V-Twin. That's right, poser boy, NEVER.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Rocket51 said:
Ducati will never win another motorcycle championship with a production based V-Twin. That's right, poser boy, NEVER.
Who cares about VTwins when you can have a V4 :woot: ? Just as powerful if not more than the Honda V5s. Entering production in 06 as the Desmocedici and the Japanese don't have anything that powerful on their production superbikes yet. It'll be like the Japanese factories entering in their superbikes for a motogp race.

Damn Ducati just won't die won't it!!!

·
Registered
258 Posts
"Does anybody else wish it was EBoz on a ZX10? The man has earned a real crack at an AMA Championship."

I'll agree with that. I hope whatever ride Eboz get's, it's a competitive one. Ducati may not be dead just yet though....

·
I'll fix it.
2,249 Posts
Rocket51 said:
...says the guy riding a wannabe Ducati.....Jealous much? :D

btw, dont look now, but Ducati is about to win the italian superbike title....and yes there are kawis/hondas/etc racing....good call there nostradamus, wanna take a stab at the superbowl winner as well?:wacky

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Dezmo said:
...says the guy riding a wannabe Ducati.....Jealous much? :D

btw, dont look now, but Ducati is about to win the italian superbike title....and yes there are kawis/hondas/etc racing....good call there nostradamus, wanna take a stab at the superbowl winner as well?:wacky
Do you know the regulationa and rules for "Italian Super bike"?

·
Registered
837 Posts
This is a no-win contest , just like the Ford-Chevy thing is/was...EVERYBODY gets a chance at the #1 position , only to be outdone by their rival...:wacky

Let us just sit back and reap the fruits of their labors...:rockon

·
I'll fix it.
2,249 Posts
Macchiato, my bad....but still nothing was said about rules

as far as liking ducati, I dont. :wtf

TPG may have saved the company financially, but they absolutely ruined everything that was good about ducati. Robotic assembly lines, boutique dealers, herds of 9**'s with low miles gathered around any given starbucks. I'd compare them to harley, but at least Ducati makes modern bikes. They sure as hell have the t-shirt and non-bike related doodad sales down:banghead

Give me my old hand built ducati any day, you can keep those things spat out by machines:twocents

·
Enormous Member
1,460 Posts
I love Ducatis' They make such lovely noises as I pass them on my 4 thousand dollar Suzuki 600 :woot:

By the way boys,, The Desmodicci or what ever it is called is not being built as a superbike. it will not be imported in large enough numbers to be eligeable for any sanctioning body to homogelate it.

It will just be another ultra exotic that will show up at a handful of venues being ridden by some underskilled overachiever to pose with it and show off his beutiful pussy striped acquasition;)

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
sp2pilot said:
I love Ducatis' They make such lovely noises as I pass them on my 4 thousand dollar Suzuki 600 :woot:
Talk about rules, I didn't realize that the goal in life was to spend as little money as possible.

I need to re-think this whole life thing. Maybe I will sell everything I have and move into a one bedroom apartment in the Ghetto and sit arround and count all the cash that I have left over.:wacky That sounds like fun:D

·
Enormous Member
1,460 Posts
Section8superbike said:
Talk about rules, I didn't realize that the goal in life was to spend as little money as possible.

I need to re-think this whole life thing. Maybe I will sell everything I have and move into a one bedroom apartment in the Ghetto and sit arround and count all the cash that I have left over.:wacky That sounds like fun:D
Typical Ducati owner response. Anyone that states the Bologna bombs are overpriced is then obviously a pauper that lives below the povery line and spends every waking hour trying to figure out the welfare state:wacky

No the goal in life is to compress as much fun as possible into every minute you spend above the dirt.

Owning a overpriced unreliable bike that spends more time being worked on then being ridden is just not fun.

I spend all the money I saved on trackdays and hookers:woot:

·
I'll fix it.
2,249 Posts
sp2pilot said:
Owning a overpriced unreliable bike that spends more time being worked on then being ridden is just not fun.
typical non-ducati owner response... Dont hate us cause our bikes are beautiful...

The biggest prob I ever had with my 888 was a blown fuse....guess theres something to that hand built thing. :rockon

·
Ducatilicious
2,425 Posts
sp2pilot said:
No the goal in life is to compress as much fun as possible into every minute you spend above the dirt.

I spend all the money I saved on trackdays and hookers:woot:

Who dictates what is and isn't fun to any given individual?

IMO, talking about passing Ducatis with a 600 is a moot point, other than saying you can pass a Ducati. SFW, it depends on the rider not the bike, just ask all the gsxrthous/cbr600/Duc998/etc... owers I've passed in the A group with my clapped out m900 with non adjustable super soft suspension. Must be the bike... yeah. And what did that m900 cost? 4K.

Oh and you forgot that you spend saved money on condoms, you do don't you?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Re: I Have To Get In On This!!

Ok, Rice boy;

I bought a 10 yr old 900SS CR and I am faster Stcok then most 600 in that time frame, and handle much better on the track. I am lighter and more tourque, may not have top end, but the turns is were you live and die!!!

Oh, buy the way, I paid 3K for mine, So that beats your in ghetto rules!!!!

But best thing, at Bike nights, Girls and Harley guys come to see the Red Head Italian bike, Not the Turbo Busa that no one can ride...!!! (because its only Duc in the lot!) Nice to be different...

LOL... All in good clean fun!!!!

We all enjoy bikes so let play well together...

·
Infrequent Visitor
1,996 Posts
Capt. Home Slice said:
Who dictates what is and isn't fun to any given individual?

IMO, talking about passing Ducatis with a 600 is a moot point, other than saying you can pass a Ducati. SFW, it depends on the rider not the bike, just ask all the gsxrthous/cbr600/Duc998/etc... owers I've passed in the A group with my clapped out m900 with non adjustable super soft suspension. Must be the bike... yeah. And what did that m900 cost? 4K.

Great points!

I'm sure that the feeling people get when passing a 999 on their 600 I4 on the straights is about the same feeling I get when I pass a newer, full liter I4 bike exiting a corner on my little 6 year old 748. Some of the fastest guys I see are old dudes on beat up SV's - and they have the biggest smiles on the entire track!

·
Registered
91 Posts
sp2pilot said:
Typical Ducati owner response. Anyone that states the Bologna bombs are overpriced is then obviously a pauper that lives below the povery line and spends every waking hour trying to figure out the welfare state:wacky
Wow Ducati owners truly rank below the scum of the earth and hated to a degree unmatched in the motorsports world!!! :wacky

·
Registered
91 Posts
sp2pilot said:
By the way boys,, The Desmodicci or what ever it is called is not being built as a superbike. it will not be imported in large enough numbers to be eligeable for any sanctioning body to homogelate it.

It will just be another ultra exotic that will show up at a handful of venues being ridden by some underskilled overachiever to pose with it and show off his beutiful pussy striped acquasition;)
Maybe so, but look at the limited edition MH900E and the Duc Classic Paul Smart (slightly different).... for a tiny outfit like Ducati, you bet they will stretch their investment in the DesmoBalongaChee to the max.

1 - 20 of 176 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.