Speedzilla Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Back on two wheels!
788 Posts
I cant believe no one has mentioned Race for Glory. I cant be the only one that has watched that movie.

·
Ready to Tanqueray?
700 Posts
"On Any Sunday" and "Faster"!:clapper I saw DTK in Salinas during the '06 USGP. The entire audience burst into cheers and clapping when it was over. "Faster" and "DTK" director Mark Neal was ther signing autographs and lithographs. I plan on picking it up soon. It's going to be a long winter!:mad:

·
Ready to Tanqueray?
700 Posts
Oh yeah, the 2002 Imola World Superbike Races! I watch that a about half a dozen times. Classis stuff. Hell, I even watch the "Matrix Reloaded" for the sound of the booming Duc! Yeah I know. :wackyBut, live in the Northeast for a winter and you'll be looney too!

·
Registered
360 Posts
+1 I just watched this movie last saturday night and loved it! I went out and bought it last night so I could add it to my collection. Gotta love those V-Twins!

beaugator said:
I would also recommend the movie "Worlds Fastest Indian" starring Anthony Hopkins. It is a good historical adaptation of Burt Munro's trials and tribulations during his 1967 trek from New Zealand to Bonneville for a world record attempt on a 1928 Indian Scout.The movie is not 100% accurate but entertaining and worth a look. IMO :rockon

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
HaaaHaaHaaha!

BC51 said:
"Torque" was a serious dramatic effort set in the heart of the road racing community. A story where one man's dream of becoming a .......

Oh, nevermind.

Now, if you had said "Bikerboyz".......

:woot:

Great lead into the "Torque" Crap I mean, ah, ahh, ahhh....? WTH is it? it's not a movie is....OH,yeah
it is a movie

Never have seen crapperboyz, Opps! I mean "BikerBoyz" Never had ANY desire to see it, just from seeing the trailers, 2 of my buddies that went to see it, got up and walk OUT of IT!

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Power Sliding..In Super Slow Motion! "On Any Sunday"

brvt1000 said:
That movie kicks ass! A classic that you cannot consider yourself a motorcycle guy without watching is "On any Sunday" by Bruce Brown, its dated but still a great movie.

+1/+1, I just got done watching "On any Sunday" like 3x's just about 2-3wks ago! Haven't seen it since I was a kid, Awesome job! Making this Movie, ahead of it's time! Or are the rest of them, behind the times!....???

If you watch some of the slow motion stuff where their flat/trackin' power sliding through/out of the corners tucked in! You CAN SEE Nicky H. ALL OVER THIS STYLE!:clapper :clapper :clapper You know, the one shot of Nicky H. that's been going around that is so Awesome!:clapper

Peace Jeff

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
The wild one

wingnutt said:
:twocents On any sunday...

http://www.montereymedia.com/sports/sunday2.html

Sequels often suck,anyone seen this ???

Definition: Many years ago, the AMA stated that 99% of motorcyclists are law abiding people and only 1% are causing trouble. Those riders who felt they were in that 1% assumed the name One Percenters and started wearing patches denoting themselves as One Percenters.

Here's another by Bruce Brown,My favorite charachter "wingnutt"

Attachments

·
Is Standing Behind You
522 Posts
Hoovenater said:
I mentioned "Torque" and nobody laughed... Come on it was funny!! :p

I Laughed then while watching it and now again.

Both TORQUE / BIKERBOYS. have fantastic stunt scene's,
I really loved the train scene they way they threw their bikes aroud on top of the train is friggin amazing.....

It made me want to try something similiar but trying to lift my 200+kg SP is impossible.

Have to go to the Gym i suppose.

·
Registered
728 Posts
RVTMAVERICK If you watch some of the slow motion stuff where their flat/trackin' power sliding through/out of the corners tucked in! You CAN SEE Nicky H. ALL OVER THIS STYLE! You know said:
http://speedzilla.com/forums/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Like these pics of Nicky?

I like the knee-down style, looks sweet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Winter videos

Any of the Duke videos of the North West 200 or the Skerries 100 races in Northern Ireland. Road racing at it's best 200mph on closed public roads with drain covers tarmac overbanding and stone walls.

These guys are heroes :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Brian1100xx

21 - 35 of 35 Posts