Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using their gear for a while now, they make my one piece, boots, race and street gloves. I noticed that my street gloves had begun to develop a hole in the left palm from daily use and called about it. They had me send mine in and promptly sent me a pair of nicer gloves than those I sent.. I love good customer service. I'll do my best to stick with their stuff as long as the quality remains high because of this kind of thing. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
28 Posts
+1

The pull string on my SMX Plus boots broke. They fixed it up without a single question. Love Alpinestars.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:D I get your point though. The thing with gloves, it's hard to get a really nice feel for the throttle without having a semi thin and fairly tight glove.. there's a lot of wear on that area as well. It's hard to find something really tough that doesn't sacrifice feel. Esp if it's made of kangaroo, etc leather. I was a little disappointed mine wore out in a year or so, but I ride like hell and they handled it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Seams definitely should not be falling apart, but you've got to expect wear and tear, especially with gloves. There is a thin line between wear and tear and just poor craftsmanship.. Alpinestars is definitely top notch, and have had nothing but a great experience selling their products and wearing them for both dirt and street for years.

Although for street apparel I prefere Dainese.

·
tough as sardines
196 Posts
I've always liked the fit, finish and control feel of A* gear - over the years I've owned just about every street boot they make, a bunch of their gloves and currently a 1-piece suit. However, the suede material on the palm of their higher end gloves does seem to wear out prematurely. It's not there for protection, just additional grip.

I had a 40mph lefthand lowside with a pair of GP-Pro's (the real deal, not the fake chinese imitations that flooded ebay) on the street. The glove did do its job in protecting my hands and wrists from the fall and ensuing asphalt surfing. I had the tear in the leather at my scaphoid patched over and kept using the glove for street use only. A few days later the stitching on several fingers on the left glove failed and I had those restitched.

Now compare that to my Held Phantoms that had a 70mph+ lowside on the track with plenty of wear and tear from the fall. They are still in excellent condition structurally, no failed stitches or busts in the leather. I know every accident is different but guess which one of gloves I'm using for trackdays?

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was amazed at how good these AXO KR-8 gloves I got as a gift are. I found them closeout for 60 or so bucks a while back and got a friend a set who loves them too. A quick google search showed them at 35$ :eek: somewhere. They are damn good gloves at that price.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I get that having your customer perform the testing for you isn't exactly fortifying quality craftsmanship but sometimes that's how things happen but how they handled the affected consumers and the change they made to their design (from what I noticed in the replacement GP Plus' I received) has helped keep me as a customer.

I will agree that Held gloves are the bomb diggity.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Never owned an AStars product before , but just bought one of their STUNT leather jackets and must say the quality of the leather , stitching , and dyeing seem to be very high quality , and it's designed to fit perfectly snug . Nice .

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.