Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Can Afford To Be Critical
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
300 kilometers on it. $48,000.

Did the guy who bought it before I got there do me a favour or do I have a reason to be mildly pissed off?

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
Thats a tempting price but there is always the possible to do better... after
all no one expected an RC30 to be offered for 10K when 18 to 32K was
accepted range... not to mention 5 different riders found Mr.RC45 before I did
down in Tijuana Mexico and passed it up...

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
That's too bad. There goes my chance of a test ride :p Had I known you're were looking I would have called you when it first showed up on Vancouver CL.

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
^ Yeah but they weren't omniscient like you .
They don't have the Bank of Mary either... she is the one who made the deal for 8K...

·
Premium Member
3,874 Posts
Ducati 749R's were 2,500,000 yen retail(no discounts) in 2004 and 2005

now lucky to get 750,000 as a trade in,maybe a bit more private sale

just wait a couple of years!

·
Can Afford To Be Critical
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Don't be pissed. The economy will further tank and you'll scoop one up for less than that.
Economy here is on its way to recovery. The dealio on this bike was interesting...the original owner sold it, a 999R with 2k km on it and nicely outfitted with carbon tank and other tasteful ancilliaries, and a new 2010 Streetfighter to my dealer because he was buying a.....Lamborghini Gallardo (sp?). Apparently HIS economy is in great shape. ;)

I'm still holding out hope for one but with only 300 km on this one, I'm kickin' myself for missing it.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
300 kilometers on it. $48,000.

Did the guy who bought it before I got there do me a favour or do I have a reason to be mildly pissed off?
In Feb there was one in Toronto, ON, Canada for $45,000. Give it time and prices will drop. I'm holding out for one.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
There are plenty for sale in Italy. It was 65,000 € new, stealers are asking 49,000/53,000 € for low mileage examples but are failing to arouse any interest. They will start moving them once they start asking less than 45,000 €. But knowing how greedy our dealers are that will never happen: they'd rather have their children starve than drop price on a bike... :D

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
private sale. I gave the guy a call but it was sold by the time we got connected.

·
Registered
263 Posts
from what i've seen posted on forums and ebay,if you have $48,000 ready you could be riding one within a week.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts