Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice alot of you ride with a Ohlins Shock and with a Kyle link. Since the link raise the rear 10 or 14 (not sure which one) MM already should the rear shock be set at stock height. My front end is lower by 5 mm (two lines showing) and running on 208GPA w/ 190/60 on the rear. What setting is preferred on a 03 RC these days.....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Just Got My First Ohlins Shock w/Kyle Link!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (TheMainEvent)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TheMainEvent »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I notice alot of you ride with a Ohlins Shock and with a Kyle link. Since the link raise the rear 10 or 14 (not sure which one) MM already should the rear shock be set at stock height. My front end is lower by 5 mm (two lines showing) and running on 208GPA w/ 190/60 on the rear. What setting is preferred on a 03 RC these days.....
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Do you count the top of the fork as one line? Or is it two visible lines?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Just Got My First Ohlins Shock w/Kyle Link!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (TheMainEvent)

Perhaps you should mention whether your intended use is street or track. On the street, the last thing I want is to put even more weight on my hands, so raising the rear is a pain-in-the-wrists.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I did the same thing, Ohlins rear/DK link, and run a 180/55. The forks were reworked, but reinstalled to the stock height. I didn't feel the forks need to be dropped, because she turns like a dream now. I've heard of plenty of guys raising the rear with a shock/link combo, dropping the forks, adding a super tall rear tire, and having the bike feel "twitchy". Mine borders on that, but isn't there quite yet, just an extremely fast turn in time. Anyway, kudos on the rear setup, you'll love it anywhere you ride.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Just Got My First Ohlins Shock w/Kyle Link!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Area 51)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Area 51 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Perhaps you should mention whether your intended use is street or track. On the street, the last thing I want is to put even more weight on my hands, so raising the rear is a pain-in-the-wrists.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm with you on this one...I just put my Ohlins on and while I anticipate playing with the rear end I think I'll leave the front at stock. I ride a lot more on the street than the track so I feel my settings should reflect that. The feels good to me and I've always thought that sometimes you should just leave a good thing alone.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
local fast guy and lap record holder Mark Ledezma ran stock front fork height with HRC kitted Ohlins shock and link on his kitted 162rwhp sp-1 race bike. He didn't recommend lowering the front at all but a link and shock jacked all the way up max height worked well for him. bike grenaded almost every race....didn't like 10+ rpms with kit cams, but ran like stink up to that.....now has 205rwhp RR and placed 7th at Pikes this year. fwiw.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts