Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Just got insurance quote for new bike - WTF? (banda)

I pay about the same for my FZ1.

I pay about 3 times that for my R6.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (quikie)

Farmer's

I had heard that Triumphs were cheap to insure because of the small number on the road, and the demographic that they appeal to. Turns out what I heard was correct.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

That's about what I pay for the 998.....but then I'm old.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Just got insurance quote for new bike - WTF? (Phil 998)

Phil , Im old too
who do you use for insurance, is that full coverage ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Just got insurance quote for new bike - WTF? (neolover996)

Full coverage State Farm. They have everything on me though...home, life, cars, bike. When they do it all they view the bike as noise level.

I suspect that in addition to them owning me lock stock and barrel, the fact that there is a corn field in my back yard to the horizon, might also be a contributing factor. I am not exactly in a metropolitan area.

Modified by Phil 998 at 3:09 PM 4/15/2005

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got $600/year full coverage for my '03 999 through liberty mutual.

Needless to say i was beyond impressed since i was used to paying $1600+/year.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (banda)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by banda »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I had heard that Triumphs were cheap to insure because of the small number on the road, and the demographic that they appeal to. Turns out what I heard was correct.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Funny, this is the exact reason why Allstate quoted me astronomical rates on all my bikes (KTM LC4 SM, Honda CB1, Honda Hawk GT, the TLR was actually cheaper than the KTM
) their claim was that since they were less popular that getting parts & service was harder & more expensive. That's why I insured with progressive when I had a street ride.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (banda)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by banda »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Farmer's

I had heard that Triumphs were cheap to insure because of the small number on the road, and the demographic that they appeal to. Turns out what I heard was correct.</TD></TR></TABLE>

WTF?! My Famers agent said that they won't write a MC policy. I have the home and truck insured through them and would like to insure the bike too for a discount.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Wooo hooo 05 R1, GSXR1K, ZX10R or CBR1000RR $235/yr

If I wanted to get one.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Farmers who I'm with wouldn't touch my new 999 but Qeico quoted me 350 a year full coverage, 100/300, 250 deducatble. But then again I'm 40, married, 2 kids, mortgage and been riding for 24 years. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Geico Quote me 2850 for my RC51,HD Duece
And Buell Old School,100/300/250PIP.
With State Farm I Pay 1200 for same coverage
cause my truck is insured with them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts