Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I left Atlanta about two weeks ago. I was heading to Houston to pick up a buddy and head out the USGP then back through Nevada, Utah and Colorado. On the way, we headed up the Devil's Hwy in Arizona. Great road, super scenery and lots of turns. However, they are not very well marked. A severly decreasing radius right hander caught me by surprise and I went wide, but reeled it back in. My buddy wasn't so licky. He tucked the front end and went off the side of the mountain. Luckily he only had a small fracture of his tibia. His bike was not so lucky. Totaled his wife's VFR800.

Anyhow, went out to the USGP via the Grand Canyon and across the Mojave, then up the coast via Hwy 1.

I came back across Hwy 50, up past Tahoe and through Colorado. Here are somemore pics.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (superbike2001)

So how did your buddy end up getting there and back?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Just got home from lap of the USA and the USGP... (RRainman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RRainman »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

now THAT'S phuqued up...............
hope your friend is ok......

(he should show this pic to his wife. it might buy him some sympathy....)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (backlash)

I stayed at the hospital with him until his wife came and got him. His tibia is broken and he seperated some ribs. He'll be OK. He was very lucky not to hit one of those trees. He bounced off a couple of rocks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Just got home from lap of the USA and the USGP... (RRainman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RRainman »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

now THAT'S phuqued up...............
hope your friend is ok......

(he should show this pic to his wife. it might buy him some sympathy....)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hope your friend gets better.

Not to sound like an oddball, but why does C. Edwards and Biaggi have on long sleeve (wool/cotton) sweaters. Nice pictures though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (FryDaddy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FryDaddy »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hope your friend gets better.

Not to sound like an oddball, but why does C. Edwards and Biaggi have on long sleeve (wool/cotton) sweaters. Nice pictures though.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Texans think 75 is chilly.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (nickcliborne)

It was early in the morning and the wind off the Pacific was cold. It was easily in the lower 60's in the morning.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.