Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty sad that I live 30 minutes from Nurburgring and this was my first time on the track this weekend
Sorry no "new" pictures this time around I was having way too much fun just doin laps on the uncrowded track (which was a surprise) Unless you've ridden this track it's so hard to explain what it's like to ride The Nordschleife. At over 22 km it's a grueling lap with more than 170 bends, a difference in altitude of 300 meters and at places an angle of inclination up to 11 %. You can go from catching air in a few places to having your bike totally compress under "G" forces at the bottom of a few hills an absolute Adrenalin rush that no track day can match
Think I'm goin back tomorrow

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Just got back from Nurburgring (bruntr)

Shyte... that is sweet!! What a blast. I actually know a good portion of that track via Grand Turismo.
One of the courses you have to run is the Nurburgring and it's so cool.

Anyway, how much does it cost to run?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Just got back from Nurburgring (Tripod-R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tripod-R »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I actually know a good portion of that track via Grand Turismo.
One of the courses you have to run is the Nurburgring and it's so cool.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Likewise. That last driving mission is hard!

What do you do on the two banked turns? Do you ride the banking, or ride around the outside to avoid it? What kind of speeds do you hit on that long straight?

Also, what's with all the paint on the track? Is that just graffiti?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Just got back from Nurburgring (Baasinator)

I think that the first half of the track is easier than the second half... but that could be because when I was going for a quick lap time I crashed out roughly half way through... so don't have nearly the time on the second half.

The two banked turns piss me off. Sometimes I nail it... other times I'm all over the place. For the most part though, if I take it low and tight it always seems to work a little better for me because you can get on the gas earlier on the exit... I think.

Speeds? Hmm... whatever that decked out Mercedes can do I think. Honestly, I don't remember because I haven't played it in a few weeks. All this talk has gotten me going though. Will probably check it out tonight.
... and I think you're right on the graffiti.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Just got back from Nurburgring (Baasinator)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Baasinator »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

What do you do on the two banked turns? Do you ride the banking, or ride around the outside to avoid it? What kind of speeds do you hit on that long straight?

Also, what's with all the paint on the track? Is that just graffiti?</TD></TR></TABLE>

The Karussell's I ride through them not around them, it's hard to carry alot of speed as they are very rough......... my highest speed probably 240kph...... average probably about 150kph.... right now thats my comfort zone.... it's way too easy to get in over your head on this track and end up in the armico so I don't get too crazy...... cost is 15 Euro a lap but they have various package deals to save $$ a unlimited year pass is 750 Euro.... and yes there is graffiti in various area's around the track

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Just got back from Nurburgring (bruntr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bruntr »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The Karussell's I ride through them not around them, it's hard to carry alot of speed as they are very rough......... my highest speed probably 240kph...... average probably about 150kph.... right now thats my comfort zone.... it's way too easy to get in over your head on this track and end up in the armico so I don't get too crazy...... cost is 15 Euro a lap but they have various package deals to save $$ a unlimited year pass is 750 Euro.... and yes there is graffiti in various area's around the track</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you don't make it through the first lap, do you still have to pay? Technically, one lap would be from start/finish to start/finish......J/k

so it is about $18 a lap....I could go for that....why is there a car in the pic with bikes on the track? Both at the same time? Could be a bit dicey but interesting...."did you see the inside pass I made on that S4?"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (drsus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by drsus »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">good god! do they allow camping so you can stop during a lap and take a brake?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Lot's of people come from out of town to run the track and/or spectate so they either camp out or get a room in a local B & B

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (bruntr)

Does Yamaha has the Motorcycle school up there? used to be very popular in the 90s

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Just got back from Nurburgring (roadkill)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by roadkill »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

If you don't make it through the first lap, do you still have to pay? Technically, one lap would be from start/finish to start/finish......J/k

so it is about $18 a lap....I could go for that....why is there a car in the pic with bikes on the track? Both at the same time? Could be a bit dicey but interesting...."did you see the inside pass I made on that S4?"</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yup, everyone is all out there together. I ran some laps in a little Alfa Romeo rental car. When you see a bike coming, you roll down the window and give him a point by. Track shuts down once in a while to send out the wrecker and retrieve those that end up in the rail. If you ever get to Germany, this is a spot not to be missed.

Best:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts