Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me & my wife have had this wonderful trip planned for the past 6 months, go to Road Atlanta AMA round for 2 days then head north to the N. Ga. Mountains for some R&R and some V-Strom riding. Made our reservations way back, Jameson Inn 2 nights cabin in the mountains 3 nights. Yesterday she goes to check the mail and she has been called up for damn Jury duty the day after labor day
Sorry SOB's it's a complete waste of time I've been called twice in 5 years. Things are bad in the county we live in, Jackson the state capitol is ridden with inner-city crime. No one left there (that works, votes or is an everyday productive citizen) so they have to call people in from the county, being us! I could care less about the judicial system it is all about liberal deal cutting lawyers and stupid good old boy judges. Waste of my time [period] Can't get out of it state law will have you thrown in jail for 3 days and $100 if you do not show up. I can guarantee you the case is about some low life POS car thief, rapist, store robbery or even worse a 15 year old murder. I am sick of this shit around here. The evening news is all gloom and doom. Petty thieves and habitual criminals fill the 30 minute slot. Honest working people are called on way to much for this. The deal cutting down at the court house will make you sick, just take the SOB out back and shot him he'd do the same to you if he had the chance.

So we live here to serve this shithole of a county but this time they are infringing on my rights to do as I please. Voting gets you in this mess. Voting is another waste of time. Every loser running for office is just that a damn loser. They are all dishonest and out for personal gain all the way up to the President. When is the last time you seen a poor man hold any office?

If it was me being called I would take my 3 days in jail when I got back,,,,oh I forgot the jails are full around here. We have had 3 tax increases in 2 years to build new ones to only have them fill up time and time again. Time for some vigilante justice!! Shit has gotton out of control.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Judicial system really blows! (BALLS)

When I was in college I was called to jury duty a few times and since I was out of state they didn't make me go. There might be a way to get out of it. Notify them that you wont be able to make it due to some circumstance.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Judicial system really blows! (Capt. Home Slice)

In many places, you can ask for a single one-time deferment and it is almost automatically granted. A nice, courteous phone call might yield the results you want. Not guaranteeing anything but sometimes the system will bend a little bit if you work with them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I got called for jury duty once while I lived in Mississippi. I walked into the courtroom & first thing very loudly asked out of turn if the defendant was white or black? You shoulda seen the heads snap in that courtroom LOL After a very quick talk in the judges chambers with the Prosecuting attorney in attendance I was dismissed & never called again.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How do they "notify" you in Mississippi? In the 3 states I've lived in they sent me a letter. Just a letter. Not Certified, not Registered, just a letter in the mail. Oh it was threatening for sure. But it was just a letter that was left in my mailbox, and I didn't sign for it, and it went straight into the shredder.

Ask any attorney. They have no proof that you were notified, hence they'll be no 3 days in jail. Have you ever gotten your neighbors mail by mistake?

They send out a thousand "threatening" letters and hope to get 20 responses. Perhaps jury duty is your "duty"? Perhaps you wish to be part of the US justice system? Perhaps you're in shock that people would shread such an important letter?

It's up to you. We each make the decision about jury duty. It sounds as if you've made the decision. Unless you acknowledge receipt there is no receipt. Make no phone calls. Write no letters. You're not going to jail.

Shread the letter and have a good vacation. Unless you sign for it... there's no proof you were notified.

Perhaps you should get out of there? There's still a lot of really nice places to live in this country.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Judicial system really blows! (DanST4)

To be totally honest I didn't really mind the idea of being on the jury, what pissed me off was the lost wages for the time I had to take off work for the initial screening (which was a total joke as anyone with a pulse can be selected) & the actual courtroom date. The state or maybe the county offered some sort of compensation (if you take the time to fill out the request forms etc), but at the time it was like $25 a day or something which is a far cry from what I would have made at work for the day.

Balls is right though, the Judicial system really blows & more so in MS than anywhere else I have been. Every judge is on somebody's payroll & the entire state is just as crooked as you see portrayed in all those ******* backwoods movies on TV...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Reminder to self- do NOT move to Ms.

On a serious note, in NJ you're asked if it would cause financial hardship, etc...

It may not give you an out EVERY time but atleast they ask. If you did sign for receipt of that letter, Id have your WIFE call and simply tell them that you will be out of state during that week. I cant imagine they would force you to come, not if they know you have non refundable $$$$ tied up in a trip.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Damn dude, that's a lot of moaning. Call them up, tell them about your pre-planned vacation and they'll reschedule her.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Judicial system really blows! (jschmidt)

threads like this make me happy i'm a resident alien...never to be called upon for a 'my coffee was too hot and when i took the first sip i burned my tongue and now suffer from mental anguish' jury trial

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Judicial system really blows! (gtoast)

One of the worse things about being an American is that if I do end up in court to be tried and judged, my fate will be decided by a bunch of people that where not smart enough to get out of jury duty.

Honestly though, don't you people feel the least amount of civic responsibility to do your civil duties and perform as a citizen in support of the greatest judicial process on earth?

A great man said that the courts in America where the second worse in the world,..right behind everyone else

Do your duty and be an American,...or just get the phuck out

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Judicial system really blows! (LDH)

Yep it's a joke here but what do you do. You have a house that you don't owe a fortune on that was/is still in a good area, however declining monthly it seems. A large waste of a city to your north that is full of crap all the way to the city council members and the few tax paying citizens left are running scared. The city wants to expand its boundaries for tax base no less, we have been in that hit zone for some time now it is locked up in the courts right now. All they want is a our nice area which comes with our nice homes and the big old fat tax base. The crime is the reason everyone left that city in the past 20 years. Goverment payed for housing units are all over that large empty city with 90% of the population living off the goverment or state in some way. Hell no I don't want to be part of it. So I surely don't think I am obligated to go convict there criminals. Your right LDH bring up race here in the court system and you have a free pass home. Bring up that your for the death penelty, again free pass home. But in the meantime you have to go waste YOUR time to go downtown find a parking space (good luck with that) hope your vehicle is still there when you come back, pray you don't get mugged on the way in or out and deal with the idiots treating you like your the one on trial. I'm all for capitol punishment, do the crime do the time and if its for the good so be it. People have no fear of the law these days or do they value your life or even their own. Just shoot the m%$#[email protected]#cker is their mentality. Im sick of this shit! I go to work I pay alot of taxes and I support myself I also pay my damn bills. I have all but quit voting, hell it didn't do me any good only the special interest groups were the beneficiary of anythng.

As for the letter it comes in the mail here in Ms. No signing at all. They will prosecute you for not showing but a murder/cop killer can run free. Speeding is targeted more than a murderer here. $25 a day is what they pay + mileage to and from. Luckily for me my company pays me my regular salary for missing work but I have to turn over the $25 but I keep the mileage amount. Waste of time is all it is been there and set through it 2 times already. Came close to being on a murder case the last time but got cut loose at the last minute. I could not wait to tell the lawyer "yea shes is guilty now lets get her ass in the chair and flip the switch"! It ended in a hung jury and the little killer walked.
She was a black doped up 16 year old pregnant prostitute selling dope and shot a white guy trying to buy some dope from her. Self defense my ass. She flat out gunned him down.

Damn this place is hell on earth.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Judicial system really blows! (sp2pilot)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sp2pilot »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">One of the worse things about being an American is that if I do end up in court to be tried and judged, my fate will be decided by a bunch of people that where not smart enough to get out of jury duty.

Honestly though, don't you people feel the least amount of civic responsibility to do your civil duties and perform as a citizen in support of the greatest judicial process on earth?

A great man said that the courts in America where the second worse in the world,..right behind everyone else

Do your duty and be an American,...or just get the phuck out
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Your clueless

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Judicial system really blows! (jschmidt)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jschmidt »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Damn dude, that's a lot of moaning. Call them up, tell them about your pre-planned vacation and they'll reschedule her.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Damn straight and I ain't finished yet!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BALLS »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Your clueless
</TD></TR></TABLE>

No actually you are clueless. You want to have a free court system that is available to you and yours to defend your rights and protect you from wrong-doers yet will not accept the responsibility to support it when called upon.

America was built by people that put the country ahead of their personal wants and desires to allow the majority the luxury of a unbiased court governed by laws voted on by the people and ruled by your peers.

Today people like yourself feel that to be called on is a violations of your rights. The same rights that the courts insure are protected and enforced.

Yep clueless is the word, you sir shall always be and that is a pity.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think what he wants is a Judicial system that is as fair to the people not committing crimes as it is to all the POS Crooks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: (TBONE)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TBONE »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I think what he wants is a Judicial system that is as fair to the people not committing crimes as it is to all the POS Crooks!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well, that's gonna be difficult if the decent people won't show up for jury duty.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: (TBONE)

First of all you have to seperate the Judical systems in America...

Cali has their OWN system...ask OJ and MJ

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: Judicial system really blows! (sp2pilot)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sp2pilot »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

No actually you are clueless. You want to have a free court system that is available to you and yours to defend your rights and protect you from wrong-doers yet will not accept the responsibility to support it when called upon.

America was built by people that put the country ahead of their personal wants and desires to allow the majority the luxury of a unbiased court governed by laws voted on by the people and ruled by your peers.

Today people like yourself feel that to be called on is a violations of your rights. The same rights that the courts insure are protected and enforced.

Yep clueless is the word, you sir shall always be and that is a pity.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Okay Mr. Do-gooder AMERICA then go in her place.

I am all for justice and have done my time as I stated earlier. She has done her time with this shit in the past to, time to pick some more do-gooders like you.

I'm sure you practice what you preach
I've seen your attitude here for some time now. Go play some where else.

Judicial system is for the criminals nothing more nothing less. Until that changes I'm out of the loop and prefer not to participate, now do you get that or do I have to continue with this anymore.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts