Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems to be a picky run shop but I want to get on the track so I did it. Could not get in the 7-10 Barber advanced group on sunday sold out. I had to get in the rolling chicane group on Saturday intermediate is waht they call it. I guess they'll have a shot at me with stock tires
might as well leave em' on since sticky michelins won't really do me any good now withou being in the advanced class. Prolly for the better not ready to wad the LTD just yet.

Anyway at $260 for one even I might as well go back and race WERA

Anyone from here going on July 9th at Barber? if so look me up and say hello I shouldn't be to hard to spot nice shiny streetbike with wore out dirty yellow race leathers.

See ya'll there!

PS. I wonder how long it will take me to get kicked out by a control freak rider.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Joined NESBA today (BALLS)

Are you saying you were able to joined Advaned group right away? I thought NESBA does not allow you to choose the group.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Just out of curiosity, what are you planning on doing that makes you think you'll get kicked out by a control rider?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Joined NESBA today (MLuddyJr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MLuddyJr »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just out of curiosity, what are you planning on doing that makes you think you'll get kicked out by a control rider?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Going faster than him

Not being an ass just stating the facts. I've raced Barber with WERA in 600 expert class 4 times. So if they are not doing 1:35's then they might get passed. Not saying I'll be able to do that on a stock 750 right out of the box but I'm quite sure of a 37~38 easily. Since I have 5 friends going who really could use some help I might be kind enough to slow down and enjoy the experience with them. One races CCS and could really use some pointers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Joined NESBA today (jbraslins)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jbraslins »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Are you saying you were able to joined Advaned group right away? I thought NESBA does not allow you to choose the group.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I tried online it was full so it said.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BALLS »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I had to get in the rolling chicane group on Saturday intermediate is waht they call it. I guess they'll have a shot at me with stock tires

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Dude, you shouldn't waste your time with trackdays and all those rolling chicanes. A guy as fast as you should be racing and winning, man!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Joined NESBA today (JamesP)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JamesP »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Dude, you shouldn't waste your time with trackdays and all those rolling chicanes. A guy as fast as you should be racing and winning, man!</TD></TR></TABLE>

True! but I ain't getting any younger and I have not won the powerball lottery latley. Been off the track a few months so I won't be flying right away but I'm sure by noon the little switch in my head will go off. I promise to be nice and easy on the other riders. Racing in the 600 class taught me during the novice years how to approach rolling chicanes.

Maybe I'll become a control freak rider

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Not to bash NESBA, but Sportbike Tracktime puts on a great trackday. More laid back then NESBA. STT will be at Barber July 23/24.

Also, you will get SO much more track time at a trackday then a weekend of WERA (including running solo20's) that you won't be running full race pace the whole day.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Joined NESBA today (Eddie)

As much as I sing the praises of my home track, Barber is a miserable experience in July & August... Hot & humid like an armpit

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Joined NESBA today (LDH)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LDH »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">As much as I sing the praises of my home track, Barber is a miserable experience in July & August... Hot & humid like an armpit
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I can imagine I've been to Road Atlanta in July many times, frying an egg on the paddock pavment was possible. I'm up for it, I have about 10 pounds I need to lose right now anyway.
It was not much cooler at Barber in April or September gotta love the deep south.

You going?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Joined NESBA today (Eddie)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eddie »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Not to bash NESBA, but Sportbike Tracktime puts on a great trackday. More laid back then NESBA. STT will be at Barber July 23/24.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Cool I'll look into that. I only am doing this one with NESBA because my friends have been with them for a while now and seem content. I used to have fun at trackdays so I will keep it all in perspective.
No one wins a trackday.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

I sneak in to Barber every chance I get. Was just there on the 12th again taking a spot for a guy that injured his wrist. I'm not signed up officially for any track days there for the rest of the summer, but you can rest assured I will make some of them

I've been there with STT, NESBA & Marietta Motorsports so I'm pretty non-denominational when it comes to being a track whore

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Cool, come hang out with us on the 9th they still had spots as of this morning. Looks like 5 from around here will be going. Pretty good group of guys all on 600's. I could really care less if I do 1:50 laps all day long I just want to suit up and get back on the track and enjoy the surroundings, 10 month layoff has had it's up and downs.

See ya!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

I may just do that. I was clicking off 1:39's out there with standing water in a bunch of turns & lotsa damp spots 2 weekends ago

Give me a rabbit to chase & a dry track & I'd be in heaven!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LDH »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I may just do that. I was clicking off 1:39's out there with standing water in a bunch of turns & lotsa damp spots 2 weekends ago

Give me a rabbit to chase & a dry track & I'd be in heaven!</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL I don't know about the rabbit part since my bike is stock and still smells new. Your alot braver than me to run a 39 there in damp conditions. I still remember back in 2003 when I hit a sealer strip with the front in the wet in morning practice on the back section coming into the switchback, damn near fell off the bike and was pinched up for impact. It wasn't my time to drop it that day.

The Limited scares the hell out of me, the thought of wadding it. Took what I could get so I have to live with it. I shouldn't be to hard to spot.

See ya!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Yeah..they won't let you sign up for A until you get bumped. That Advanced only day is not full..I just checked.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: Joined NESBA today (TLSer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TLSer »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Roy, I'm doing Barber July 23rd with STT. Come on and go.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I might just do that Mark what does STT charge for a membership fee? and what does the trackday run. Damn this is more expensive than racing

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: Joined NESBA today (moonshine)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by moonshine »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah..they won't let you sign up for A until you get bumped. That Advanced only day is not full..I just checked.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

They must have had some cancel because it was full on monday of this week when I joined up. Makes no difference to me, if they bump me fine, if they kick me out fine, I can play by the rules but I won't be bullied
If they piss me off I won't be back

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Roy, if ya hadn't have ask me.

If I remember correctly it was about $230? $195 for the track day and 30ish for the membership. I think that's pretty clolse.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts