Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Street and Track Moderator
3,888 Posts
I heard about it but have no idea what happened... Very Sad.

·
The Real MAN of STEEL
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
do you not have fuucking google?
Mmmm...another great reply to add to the reason sooo many leave this forum.

Is it realy so hard for anyone to just give an answer these days or has negativity gotten the best of everyone?

As a retired accident/mishap investigator, I was looking for more than the (lowside and hit by another rider).

Reason. Even though its a part of track/racing lifestyle, there is always something to be learned from each event.

For this one, I'm curious to know if she was wearing a chest and back protector and what make. Was she hit by the rider, the bike or both?

If wearing these items, could the items be improved upon or if they were of the lower end items out there. Could one of the better brands etc. have prevented the injuries sustained, etc.

This is how I look at things. Always room to improve.

Sad to say though, that most of the improvements only come after injury or death.

·
The Real MAN of STEEL
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All the guys "on the grid" and racer fanboys are gonna be all over you because you want to find out what happened. Just saying.......:rolleyes:

Thanks...I see that.

But no biggie. I'm numb to deaths anyway.

Retired military investigator and have investigated countless accidents/mishaps resulting in a lot of carnage for those that lived.

For those that didn't I've had to investigate 9 fatalities as a lead investigator and assist on more.

Out of those 9, I personally knew 2 of them.

How in depth did I have to go doing my job. I was the one that had to ask questions from their husbands, wives, girlfriends, boyfriends, mom, dad, brothers, sisters, coworkers and anyone else they had contact with 72hrs prior to their death or longer if needed.

I've bad to respond to the scene of fatalities and start gathering information while the person or persons were still there at the scene.

So yeah, after doing it for right over 10 years, you become numb to a lot of things. The same as cops and other gov. agency workers become numb to what bothers 90% of others.

·
The Real MAN of STEEL
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm at Jennings. The accident happened a turn ahead of me. I'll post up when I get back to NYC.

To clear up any potential rumours it was a regular track incident and there was no foul play.

Thank you very much for your reply Turbo329.

I may seem cold to others. However as a rider/track rider myself, my intention is always to look and see if there can be anything done to help mitigate whatever injuries take a life.

It could be something as writing the companies that make the gear we wear or sending it to them in hopes of improving it.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
God Speed to the victim of the accident. We also lost a guy in a first turn tragedy this weekend.
Better to die doing something you love than sat at a computer criticizing others.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Thanks...I see that.

But no biggie. I'm numb to deaths anyway.

Retired military investigator and have investigated countless accidents/mishaps resulting in a lot of carnage for those that lived.

For those that didn't I've had to investigate 9 fatalities as a lead investigator and assist on more.

Out of those 9, I personally knew 2 of them.

How in depth did I have to go doing my job. I was the one that had to ask questions from their husbands, wives, girlfriends, boyfriends, mom, dad, brothers, sisters, coworkers and anyone else they had contact with 72hrs prior to their death or longer if needed.

I've bad to respond to the scene of fatalities and start gathering information while the person or persons were still there at the scene.

So yeah, after doing it for right over 10 years, you become numb to a lot of things. The same as cops and other gov. agency workers become numb to what bothers 90% of others.
Are we supposed to be impressed or feel sorry for you?

·
Registered
936 Posts
God Speed to the victim of the accident. We also lost a guy in a first turn tragedy this weekend.
Better to die doing something you love than sat at a computer criticizing others.
Can you let us know what happened in that tragedy?

From what I read, and I will stand corrected if wrong, the rider low sided and was struck by another rider behind who could not avoid her in the Jennings incident.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Mmmm...another great reply to add to the reason sooo many leave this forum.

Is it realy so hard for anyone to just give an answer these days or has negativity gotten the best of everyone?

As a retired accident/mishap investigator, I was looking for more than the (lowside and hit by another rider).

Reason. Even though its a part of track/racing lifestyle, there is always something to be learned from each event.

For this one, I'm curious to know if she was wearing a chest and back protector and what make. Was she hit by the rider, the bike or both?

If wearing these items, could the items be improved upon or if they were of the lower end items out there. Could one of the better brands etc. have prevented the injuries sustained, etc.

This is how I look at things. Always room to improve.

Sad to say though, that most of the improvements only come after injury or death.

Nuk - ignor the morons response.....I too would like to know more just to help me understand what I might need or dont need.....

·
The Real MAN of STEEL
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Are we supposed to be impressed or feel sorry for you?

Nope...none at all...none needed...too hardened from the military

I to ride on the street and track and know that anytime I take to the track this is a ture possibility that it can happen to anyone.

The goal...learn anything you can from it to hopefully prevent another from suffering the same outcome.

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
I often feel it's better to be alive. But that's just me.;)

·
The Real MAN of STEEL
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nuk - ignor the morons response.....I too would like to know more just to help me understand what I might need or dont need.....
Thanks Viper1.

I can say from seeing what has happened to some of my friends and my own events.

For the track, chest, back protector and I have added the bohn shorts to my gear. The chest and back protector saved me from some possible rib fractures from a lowside I had. The bike and I stayed together due to being caught under it. Once off the track, it spun and ended up hitting me on the right side with the clipon smacking me in the back.

Ribs ended up with some bruising, being sore and marks on the leathers. The Knox chest and back protector definitely took most of the force. I swear by that thing now.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Can you let us know what happened in that tragedy?

From what I read, and I will stand corrected if wrong, the rider low sided and was struck by another rider behind who could not avoid her in the Jennings incident.
Quite simple race start, first corner, rider slid out struck by another. Mother & father lost a son, wife lost a husband and child has no older brother. Tragic unavoidable accident whole paddock was in shock.
RIP Tom Smith - 15.01.12 | Facebook

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
I, too, would be interested in what happened and why. I have been riding at Jennings ever since they opened and remember a rider several years ago who died and no one knew or saw him go off the track. Some one in the pits was asking about a rider that did not come in from a previous session and when they went looking, they found him so far off the track that he could not be seen. Totally bizarre to say the least.....a rider just virtually disappeared.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I haven't spoken to my friends that were there yet, but from what I understand it was a lowside in turn 8 and the she was hit by another rider. Very sad

·
Street and Track Moderator
3,888 Posts
Turn 8 is notorious for lowsides. I hate hearing about stuff like this but there is no way to prevent being hit by another rider. Prayers sent for her and her family...
I haven't spoken to my friends that were there yet, but from what I understand it was a lowside in turn 8 and the she was hit by another rider. Very sad

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.