Registered
526 Posts
beautiful vid

worth the 18 minutes
takes a ton of balls to run that "flat":notworthy

·
Banned
2,204 Posts
Great article in RRW about Mark Miller's IOM 2006 experience. He said that his TAS Suzuki teammate (on a SB spec 1000) hit 207 mph... wow. :eek:

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Fab video....thanks for sharing it. So miss David and Gus. Both right smart lads that are muchly missed. Did not realize that it was four years ago now that we lost David....time flies.

·
Registered
177 Posts
good lord.

I just learned a few things,
  1. I never, never, ever, ever, ever want to run that race. Ever.
  2. Those guys are AMAZING. "you know you are on a good line when you are on the inside of the little yellow grate", um yeah. I barely SAW the grate that he is checking he is inside of at 160MPH.
  3. That is one LOOOOOOOOOONG lap, talk about endurance and knowing some unbelieveable stuff about the track. That is a LOT of corners...
  4. I REALLY want to go watch the race, unreal.
I still can't believe what I just watched...

·
Registered
767 Posts
Beautiful vid. Thanks nedragr.:clapper

Anyone know where on the course he had his crash?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Kirk Michael (sp?). He hit oil on the road from a competitors bike during practice because the safety marshalls in the area didn't or forgot to put out their flags.....

·
Registered
10 Posts
I love motorcyles but, those guys are CRAZY:wacky !!! It's hard for me to even watch that race. One little mistake and your in deep sh%^

·
Registered
1,020 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Crosby.

Jim Moodie was one of the first ones there. Part of the reason Moodie hung up his leathers. John McGuinness was a good mate of his too. I know John wishes he was still here. Imagine the Jeffries/McGuinness battle we would have been having these last years??

Dr749

·
Registered
127 Posts
DR749 said:
Crosby.

Jim Moodie was one of the first ones there. Part of the reason Moodie hung up his leathers. John McGuinness was a good mate of his too. I know John wishes he was still here. Imagine the Jeffries/McGuinness battle we would have been having these last years??

Dr749
Yeah! *sigh*

I was just thinking that very thing while watching the 2006 race...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts