Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just got an email back from JE the pistons,pins and clips are $333.94
12.5:1 compression uses stock Honda rings. The HRC pistons are over priced.
I asked about and sizing issues they may have had so I'll post their reply when I get it but JE is typically known for quality products they also offer Carrillo rods.

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
For $275 + shipping I'll sell you a brand new set of JE pistons (with Millenium coating) including the Honda Rings/pins/clips.

I purchased two sets when I planned to build additional motors for the race bike but only need 1 set.

·
Registered
150 Posts
G-man I may be intereste if he doesnt want them are they standard bore or are the over sized?
Thanks Joe

·
Tough Crowd Racing #167
1,374 Posts
I may be interested as well.

If two tone doesnt grab them I may have some questions for you regarding what else you did or would do in addition to the pistons that would net appreciable results without putting the reliablity of the engine in too much jeapordy.

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
Rookie said:
or would do in addition to the pistons that would net appreciable results without putting the reliablity of the engine in too much jeapordy.
Haven't done anything yet as I'm in the market for a spare motor to build.

My main focus is to get 10 more HP without sacrificing any reliability. I feel this is viable using a Thorsten airbox, Mori stage 1 CAMS and full exhuast, the JE pistons, 02 heads and throttle bodies.

Since the biggest issue with RC51 race motors has always been cam reliability my goal is to stay with CAMs that maintain the stock lift but modified duration (Mori stage 1). I also will not be raising the rev limit as that also has been a key contributor to grenaded RC51 motors.

I'm on the fence regarding whether I'm going to go with lighter rods but either way I will be balancing the crank for the new pistons.

As for who gets the pistons, the first one who puts his money where his mouth is takes them home. PayPal address is rc4g AT kingwoodcable DOT com.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Rookie jump on it I am waiting to see if I am going to bore mine out If they were over sized I would have grabed them its a good deal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
g-man said:
My main focus is to get 10 more HP without sacrificing any reliability. I feel this is viable using a Thorsten airbox, Mori stage 1 CAMS and full exhuast, the JE pistons, 02 heads and throttle bodies.
g-man
I currently have a project of doing a valve job with new valves in my SP1. It is a high milage engine, and after the last Dyno -run, it is suspected that the valves are not sealing efficently in higher revs any more.
Additionally I intend to replace the pistons and shells. The Mori Stg 1 also sounds as a good solution.

But you put me into an idea of starting out with some fresh SP2 heads, and trottlebodies.
Question: Will the SP1 wire harness and my USB Power commander III handle the new trottlebody?
:wacky
Lymo

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
lymo said:
g-man
I currently have a project of doing a valve job with new valves in my SP1. It is a high milage engine, and after the last Dyno -run, it is suspected that the valves are not sealing efficently in higher revs any more.
Additionally I intend to replace the pistons and shells. The Mori Stg 1 also sounds as a good solution.

But you put me into an idea of starting out with some fresh SP2 heads, and trottlebodies.
Question: Will the SP1 wire harness and my USB Power commander III handle the new trottlebody?
:wacky
Lymo
SP1 harness will work and although it is not an absolute requirement it's a good idea to get an 02 (or later) ECU as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
speedkills said:
see link on page 1, reply #7.
Are you saying you are selling the cylinder set with pistons ?

Millenium coats the bores , not pistons unless you have had the piston crowns coated with another material to dissipate heat , I'm a bit lost as to whats for sale here .

·
half-fast member
340 Posts
speedkills said:
Be careful, early JE pistons had a problem with rocking because they were too small.
I think the bottom line here is that JE pistons aren't ultimately reliable with respect to their dimensions. Does CP Pistons, in Irvine, CA, make pistons for the RC51? They make the best pistons on Earth and charge for that but they WORK!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I can't see JE having that lack of quality control on their products.
G-man are you not running a set in your bike right now. Have any problems and did you measure them prior to install. Well you could also go with Wiseco pistons for the RC but I'm sure the JE's are nicer.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts